THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bdodd444

Knows what a fatty is.
I just wanted to post this, because of a recent experience I had with my CyberQ II: I was at a comp last month, when I plugged in blower 1 the receptacle broke off inside the guru. I sent it back to BBQ Guru, and it is going to be $85 for a new circuit board because it is out of warranty. I had only use it maybe 20 times since I purchased it, but the lady said I needed to be more careful when plugging the blower in. I never felt like I exerted a lot of force, but apparently the Guru is more fragile than it appears, so be careful. I posted this in the comp section because I know a lot of you use them, and it is a bad feeling to have this happen on a Friday night. Take care.

Brian

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, but I have 4 gurus and have never had that problem. Overall they have been very rugged. Instead of spending $85 for the board, maybe try the new PartyQ, which is about $129. The blower and the control unit are one piece, so you won't have the same problem.

Brett

That was one of the things that bothered me about the Guru -- that the fan attached directly to the cooker. I'm clumsy, sometimes, and I could see myself kicking the thing and breaking it off of my WSM, since it would be in range of both of my left feet. :doh:

CD

Back