Bbqguru cyberq WiFi infrastructure mode setup...need help

kdub21

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hello fellow BBQ brethren's

I have the cyberq WiFi v1.2 and am trying to setup infrastructure mode.

I have a 2wire router from at&t, plus a apple airport extreme connected. I was able to connect the cyberq in infrastructure mode using the airport extreme. I can access the cyberq control page, but only using the private IP address of the cyberq on the home network with tablet, Mac, PC, or phone.

When I try to connect from my phone without my Wi-Fi to test if I can get access from outside the home network, it does not connect. I will type in my public IP address and no connection to cyberq.

What am I doing wrong? Should I just disconnect the airport extreme completely and use the 2wire at&t router?

Please help. TIA!

I posted instructions on setting up a CyberQ through the 2Wire Home Gateway in this thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175961

Basically, you have to allow access from the internet to the CyberQ on port 80. If the CyberQ is connected to the Airport Extreme you would have to expose the Airport Extreme address to the internet, so anything else connected to the Airport Extreme would be accessible. I would connect it to the 2Wire home GW directly and then you can just allow access to the CyberQ.

Thanks! I figured it out! I had to find the password to allow the port 80! It works! Thank u!

Back