BBQ Trailer Setup Help

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
I have a 6X12 carmate trailer with rear ramp door and 6' 6" ceilings that I am going to use for competitions and vending events.
I already have a 3 comp sink, handwashing sink with water supply etc but need to rig it for places that do not have electric so I can use the water and FEC100.

I was thinking of building a box on the tongue that would hold the batteries for the converter, propane tank and fish cooker (for heating water if needed)

This way it would not take up valuable space inside and would be vented outside trailer. Obviously the propane tank would be secured well away from batteries.

Also I have heard of people using the rear ramp as a porch, I know its heavy duty as it could support my big a$$ and a Kawasaki 1600 Vulcan but wonder if it would be safe to just roll the FEC100 out on that if its supported with blocks and 2X8.

I am going to my first comp this weekend and figure you guys have seen it all and can give me some advice.

Jack stands for a car work best. I use a pair of 2 ton stands.

All yhat wight on the tongue may make it very tongue heavy. I wouldn't mount the fish cooker on the tongue by walls. Build a small rolling table to hold it and roll it out. Propane tanks are rine up front. My batteries are in a tongue box and wired to the trailer wiring for charging plus I added a charger box next to the main electric panel inside.

Jack stands for a car work best. I use a pair of 2 ton stands.

All yhat wight on the tongue may make it very tongue heavy. I wouldn't mount the fish cooker on the tongue by walls. Build a small rolling table to hold it and roll it out. Propane tanks are rine up front. My batteries are in a tongue box and wired to the trailer wiring for charging plus I added a charger box next to the main electric panel inside.

Thanks, I was not meaning mount the fish cooker there, just store it there when I need to take it. The batteries would be right up tight to the trailer not sure if that would help or not.

Great idea on the jack stands, I do use those for the back of the trailer, I was always worried about walking back there and having the tongue pop up in the air.

A Honda generator doesnt take up any more room than two deep cycle battries.

Why the three bay sink, are you vending? They are not needed for a contest.

A Honda generator doesnt take up any more room than two deep cycle battries.

Why the three bay sink, are you vending? They are not needed for a contest.

Yes we are vending also, I am going to move the sink into my outdoor kitchen soon and go with a much smaller set up in the trailer.
This is my first competition so the trailer is used much more for vending but who knows this competition thing may be adicting.

Back