BBQ @ the Beach State Championship - Raystown, PA Sept. 17-19th"

This just in from my partner in organizing...

"I wanted to let you know we will not be doing a judges class this year at Barbeque at the Beach.
The trainer fees are too high for me to include in the budget this year plus we would need 24 students. We just cannot do it this year as part of our first year event.

I will be looking at the judges class for 2011 and I have let my KCBS rep know we want to do that next year at Barbeque at the Beach."

Sorry for anyone planning to participate. I was planning on taking the class myself.

DIVA Q IS COMING!

2 important things I need feedback on so please respond. . .

#1 - I need totals for who is coming on the cruise ship Friday night. How many people for each team?

#2 - Who would like to give a basic 20-40 min class on something BBQ related to the general public? Topics could be how to build a UDS, how to make a recipe (if you could please make it friendly to the bbq beginner and offer options to make it in oven or gas grill) I know Im a purist too and it hurts but we want to bring interest. Maybe how to pick your bbq pit. ask the questions like are you cooking for a church or just yourself, kinda questions..

Im leaving it open for you to decide but Figure these to be a limited number of classes, all free to the attending public, and a chance to sell your rubs, tee shirts, and just to share your excitement for BBQ!

Poooh Bah is coming also! I dont know why I am the only one telling everyone this. They could be saying it also... :tsk:

So about those 2 last questions... PLEASE i need an answer asap from as many as I can get.

Thanks!

:thumb:

I think we will be calling teams this week for the info. Most of the teams are brethren teams or at least talk on here which is why I put it out on here.

I think we will be calling teams this week for the info. Most of the teams are brethren teams or at least talk on here which is why I put it out on here.

I thought most teams were on here, wasn't sure.

I'll talk to my father in law tonight about friday

looking forward to bbq in huntington Co. again:clap2:

These rules are also being forwarded to all the competitors. Hope this helps!

BBQ AT THE BEACH
GRILLING COMPETITION OVERVIEW

BURGER

...* 9 x 9 container shall be provided
* One pound of 80/20 ground beef shall be provided to each team
* Meat can not be pre-brined or pre-seasoned
* Meat must be stored at a safe temperature (below 40 degrees)
* Burger MUST be cooked on-site and on a "grill" via gas, wood or wood
product, charcoal or electricity
* Open garnish - it does not need to be edible, but there can be no
markings and no money
* Presentation must be in at least 6 equal portions (6 burgers, 6
slices, 6 pieces, etc.)

PIZZA

* Pizza box shall be provided
* Dough can be pre-made, frozen or freshly made
* Toppings can be raw, pre-seasoned or pre-cooked
* Pizza shall not be pre-assembled, pre-cooked or delivered!
* Pizza MUST be cooked on-site and on a "grill" via gas, wood or wood
product, charcoal or electricity
markings and no money
* Presentation must be in at least 6 equal portions (6 slices, 6
pieces, etc.)

CHEF'S CHOICE

* 9 x 9 container shall be provided
* Submission can be anything, anything, anything . . . as long as it
is edible!
* Submission MUST be cooked on-site and on a "grill" via gas, wood or
wood product, charcoal or electricity
markings and no money
* Presentation must be in at least 6 equal portions (6 slices, 6
pieces, etc.

Additionally, the cook's meeting shall be the final determination of rules at the discretion of the organizer. The cook's meeting shall supersede any rules and discussions - verbal, electronic or written! Cook's meeting will be at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 17, 2010 for open grilling. Burger meat shall be provided at this time. Attendance is not mandatory, but is a great idea!

Im coming in Friday early afternoon with Uncle Eggy.

Is the potluck on? I will make a tray of something and bring.(anyone gonna have hot cooker space to heat a full tray of something or other?)

Back