BBQ Scotch Egg vs. Armadillo Egg

So guys and gals lemme know.

• Total voters
Lots of good stuff in this book. Just got me a new copy of Everyone grills. That's a good book also
I agree, it is a very good book. I also go Wicked Good Burgers and it looks good also, but I haven't tried anything from it yet.

I think both are great depending on sounds good that day. We have a local restaurant that serves armadillo eggs as jalapeño and cheese stuffed inside of chicken breast then wrapped in bacon. Those are great too.

For the scotch egg, I don't use maple syrup on it. I coat it in bread crumbs and then serve it with spicy brown mustard on the side. It rocks that way.

I have tried it with maple syrup on it before and it is too sweet for my taste (I prefer savory over sweet most of the time)

Never had either myself. I'm curious how this would do for chefs choice, you always hear that a bacon or seafood combo scores high.

Never had either myself. I'm curious how this would do for chefs choice, you always hear that a bacon or seafood combo scores high.

Craig sherry claims he has won several chefs choice entry's with scotch eggs. The reason I'm not cooking what I normally cook is because my buddy I normally compete against and used to cook with. He told me he was Cookin when actuality he is judging. I don't want him knowing what I put in that box, espepecially since we have stomped him the last 4 cookoffs in that categeory. So just different ideas. Definitely going with my poblano chicken and cheese bacon explosion with black beans and corn stuffing. It's really good.

Back