THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One thing I have never understood on that show is that most cooks put their meat on cold smokers, instead of getting up to temp and getting the leveled off. Any ideas?

A little bit of heat. A little bit of sweet
flavor profile
Mouth feel
I'd tell ya -but I'd have to kill ya

yep- part of the reason I can't binge it.

When I first started watching the show, Myron was a contestant ad the show fowled him around the country to a different area each weak. My job changed and didn't watch for a couple of years. When I found it again he is now a judge. And that show is what got me from grilling to smoking.

One thing I have never understood on that show is that most cooks put their meat on cold smokers, instead of getting up to temp and getting the leveled off. Any ideas?

I've seen every episode including BBQ Pit Wars and Smoked. I can't recall anyone ever putting the meat on a cold smoker, let alone it being any kind of a norm.

I like the show, what drives me crazy is the footage of the cooks during judging.

"That's me #2 fill in the blank bbq"

If you turned it into a drinking game and had to drink every time they said it you'd be hammered halfway through the second episode

The point of the show is to be entertaining so of course there are some re-shoots and whatnot. Are they really watching live in a tent as the judges eat their food or do they have them watch taped footage, you know?

At the end of the day, it is a show about BBQ that is generally interesting. You're fooling yourself if you watch 20 minutes and then don't care to see who wins.

I've every episode at least twice. Fun to watch and you can pick up the occasional tip. I do however think the "presentation" part of the judging is hilarious. None of these folks is a threat to Chef Morimoto. There are only so many ways to stack meat onto a bed of parsley afterall.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I've every episode at least twice. Fun to watch and you can pick up the occasional tip. I do however think the "presentation" part of the judging is hilarious. None of these folks is a threat to Chef Morimoto. There are only so many ways to stack meat onto a bed of parsley afterall.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Aaron Franklin is a threat to anyone on the planet.

Aaron Franklin is a threat to anyone on the planet.

Aaron is one of the absolute best when it come to Que, and yes, there are others right up there with him. But to try to compare Morimoto to Franklin is Apples to Oranges, at best.
I am sure he has never cooked on/ managed a reverse flow for 12 hours and had something get a call.

Back