Contest Results BBQ Jamboree Fredericksburg, VA

Well done Beerbeque! Somebody should start taking notes on what Hog it Up does at the Jamboree, great job on Reserve! Happy to see Dizzy Pig with multiple trips to the stage as well. We sat and watched at awards this week, but maybe we can get a call in Delaware next week! Had a great time, good job to all the teams getting calls.

Well done Beerbeque! Somebody should start taking notes on what Hog it Up does at the Jamboree, great job on Reserve! Happy to see Dizzy Pig with multiple trips to the stage as well. We sat and watched at awards this week, but maybe we can get a call in Delaware next week! Had a great time, good job to all the teams getting calls.

Ment to talk to you this weekend. If you could PM me your number I would love to talk to you about awards.

Congrats to all who walked! The organizers did a good job with the increased number of teams. They were constantly coming around and asking if we needed anything. :clap:

We thought it was well run too. The only thing we missed was a rep coming around with the official clock to synch to. Not a big deal but when it came chicken time we did wonder if we had missed John when he came around.

Also, while I'm in a bichin mood :wink: Why are awards always late? I mean, c'mon. They set awards at 5 which is already later than normal. Then at 5:15 someone finally comes out to start setting up PA equipment. At 5:20 they announce it's gonna be another 30 minutes. :doh:

Not picking on this organizer. This is the same story almost everywhere you go. Why are they always late?

We thought it was well run too. The only thing we missed was a rep coming around with the official clock to synch to. Not a big deal but when it came chicken time we did wonder if we had missed John when he came around.

Also, while I'm in a bichin mood :wink: Why are awards always late? I mean, c'mon. They set awards at 5 which is already later than normal. Then at 5:15 someone finally comes out to start setting up PA equipment. At 5:20 they announce it's gonna be another 30 minutes. :doh:

Not picking on this organizer. This is the same story almost everywhere you go. Why are they always late?
Electric was the biggest issue on our end of the field. I'm glad they had some generators to spare.

Awards are often late due to process of entering scores, verifying them, print, hand collating & stapling the results sheets (6 or more pages per team), then writing the correct award checks. This process takes longer than you think, particularly with 50+ teams. The current KCBS scoring program isn't built for speedy data entry. It's even longer if the results have to be printed on an inkjet printer. In this case they also had to tally the people's choice, which didn't end until 4.

That being said, a word to organizers:
If awards are scheduled for 5 and it's clear at 4:30 you're going to be late, reschedule them for a time you know you can make and come around and tell us. This allows the teams to continue to tear down / clean up their sites vs sitting around baking in the sun.

Electric was the biggest issue on our end of the field. I'm glad they had some generators to spare.

Awards are often late due to process of entering scores, verifying them, print, hand collating & stapling the results sheets (6 or more pages per team), then writing the correct award checks. This process takes longer than you think, particularly with 50+ teams. The current KCBS scoring program isn't built for speedy data entry. It's even longer if the results have to be printed on an inkjet printer. In this case they also had to tally the people's choice, which didn't end until 4.

That being said, a word to organizers:
If awards are scheduled for 5 and it's clear at 4:30 you're going to be late, reschedule them for a time you know you can make and come around and tell us. This allows the teams to continue to tear down / clean up their sites vs sitting around baking in the sun.

Amen...I second that!!!

Back