THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stratofisher

Knows what WELOCME spells.
Name or Nickame
Travis
Just seasoned the DEB today and was able to hold temp pretty well with the ball valve adjusted and the top open about a third. When I put on my guru with the pit bull fan I wasn’t really sure the best way to adjust the ball valve and exhaust. Finally wound up with the ball full open and the slide damper on the guru about a third open to hold 250. Just curious what others are running at with the top exhaust and ball valve when using the guru with cyber q control.

On my pint with a guru ball valve wide open, internal damper 2 holes showing and chimney about a finger width open. Will hold what ever temp I want set that way.

Looks like I was pretty well in the ballpark. Will give it a go later this week with some ribs. Just got to stop the rain so I can use the smoker as I am on an open patio.

I run my DEB with the ball valve wide open, and the top vent at half point as Chad had recommended at time of purchase. I always have had great temperature control with no spikes. My internal damper is still where it was set when Chad built it.

Appreciate all the inputs to get me started on the learning curve. Any good inputs on where to set the slide on the guru itself? It seemed to get a bit warm if I left the slide damper all the way open. Was running about a third open on the break in burn.

Appreciate all the inputs to get me started on the learning curve. Any good inputs on where to set the slide on the guru itself? It seemed to get a bit warm if I left the slide damper all the way open. Was running about a third open on the break in burn.

I leave slide damper on the guru wide open....

Back