THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes, but your Dakota was decidely less than $40,000 so I gotta burn a bunch of fuel.

The price of diesel relative to unleaded is also a leveler. I'm running about the same monthly fuel costs between my 18-20 MPG diesel 4x4 2500 and my former 14-15 MPG gasser 4x4 1500. At least its close enough that I don't care to actually do math to figure it out.

That Dodge sounds great. My trailer weighs about 7,000 loaded, so you ought to be in the same general ballpark. You won't even know it's back there unless you look in the mirrors or fight a really serious headwind. I get 14mpg with the trailer behind the duramax, 18 w/out.

Had a Dodge many moons ago, and got 21, with or without a trailer (cold air kit, exhaust, programmer, etc). Have Fun!

The trailer pictured was 3800lbs dry. It's about 6000lbs now. When I get it done it will be right at your's 7000lbs.

The price of diesel relative to unleaded is also a leveler. I'm running about the same monthly fuel costs between my 18-20 MPG diesel 4x4 2500 and my former 14-15 MPG gasser 4x4 1500. At least its close enough that I don't care to actually do math to figure it out.

If it makes you feel any better, I got hit in our Ford 1/2 ton that sucked gas like it was going out of style (about what you were seeing in your Dodge). We eventually ended up in the Dodge 1 ton dually 4x4. I've done the math and we are still coming out a little ahead on fuel costs. Where I'm usually fueling up I'm looking at a difference of .25-.30/gallon.

Back