BBQ Charms - Luck charms

And you can't think of anything else?
Well, lightning does seem to strike whenever this one guy shows up...

ss3.jpg

We have our turtle that is always put out to "guard the perimeter" as soon as we set up our area. He's more of a teammate than a lucky charm though:biggrin:

IMG_1217.jpg

We also will only roll into Memphis on Hwy 61 listening to early Rock or Blues music.

Not sure if it qualifies as luck charms or not, but I am definitely a creature of habit. Same shirts, shorts, caps, etc. I do have a skeleton that hangs from the back of the trailer, which I'm pretty sure brings good luck.

My family and my cooking partners family and all of our friends. My Good Luck Charm is my daughters Fisher Price grill that she cooks oreos on. Her and my son use the extra greens for the boxes and make plates and put the oreos on on it and pass out to anyone around. She gave me a pink stuffed pig that I put on the grill when she is not at the comp and/or finished cooking oreos.

Brian and I have a Mojo necklaces for each meat (actually we need one for the ribs) that we rub after doing something to that particuliar meat.

We also have songs that we play - we do not drink anything until we start the prep and the music is in our ears.

We ALWAYS worry about the meat getting done in time the mornign of turn ins.

I always ask for the time and if it is on the 1/2, like 11:52 and 30 seconds - we know we are on.

Also - and this is going to sound wierd - if we are doing an event with a kids Q and ROADKILL (my son) gets in the top 3 then we know we are not going to do well. He has gotten 1st twice and I think we got an 8th in brisket both times.

Back