BBQ Buffet

lazybonesmoke1 said:
Were they frozen 2-4 bone rib pieces? $1.29 is a very good price. How long ago was that. I am looking for meats that cost about a dollar a pound.

Well, last I heard there was a big fuss going on about horsemeat. But at a dollar per pound, you can't be too picky.

Paulie G. said:
I used to run a joint that had a seafood buffet as well as meat choices. We would run roast beef ( put bottom round in your cooker and pull at 135-140, slice then hit it w/ au jus) ,mussels (big fave) comes in at about 55 cents a pound and of course fried whiting ( or whatever is cheapest that week). Don't forget sausage and peppers. Cut the peppers into 2" pieces then put them with pappers and onions in marinara. Mind you this was set up for tourists on a budget and we charged 8 bucks a head. Maybe in your neck of the woods you can get more. The majority of lunch folks will eat donkey snot for 8 bucks. Make nicer selections for dinner and you can get much more per head. Hope this helps.

Just use the French word for donkey and they will think you are serving gourmet cuisine!

Back