BBQ Brethren "Your Go-To Meal" Throwdown!!!

This is my official entry into the "Your Go To Meal" TD.

Please accept this official entry titled "Grilled Pork Chops, Zucchini and Potatoes".

Since getting a kamado this spring I've been so preoccupied dreaming up meals to cook on it that I forgot I had a "Go To Meal" I've loved grilling the last several years. Luckily I remembered that before putting effort into transforming a 'cooked indoors go to meal' to an outdoor one. This meal is so simple and quick to make I'm bringing it back into rotation.

SIMG0068.jpg

I par-boil approximately 1/2 inch slices of potato to "half done" while I season the pork chops and zucchini. I use an oversized pot (compared to the amount of potato) with just enough water to cover to get the potato slices parboiled quickly. Seasoned the pork with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, granulated garlic and powdered ginger. Seasoned the zucchini with grapeseed oil, sea salt, sweet paprika and granulated garlic. Seasoned the half-cooked potato slices with grapeseed oil, sea salt, black pepper and granulated garlic.

SIMG0070.jpg

On the grill. Pulled 4 pork chops off early for leftovers and grilled/kept warm in the freed up space and different heat zones.

SIMG0076.jpg

Finished plate with some nice HP. Thanks for calling this TD, Al, it was good to re-acquaint myself with my old "Go To" meal!

SIMG0079.jpg

Please use the photo below for the voting thread.

SIMG0086.jpg

Tasted great! Thanks for watching!

Pygboyz -- where'd you git real Dark 'n Stormies? My enquiring mind needs to know.

Beautiful dinner by the way and very interesting seasoning with the ground Wasabi peas and chilis. I bet it would be good on chicken legs/wings, too.

Pygboyz -- where'd you git real Dark 'n Stormies? My enquiring mind needs to know.

Beautiful dinner by the way and very interesting seasoning with the ground Wasabi peas and chilis. I bet it would be good on chicken legs/wings, too.

Found the Dark n' Stormies in a Liquor store in NC, I think it is there because of the alcohol content. And thanks for the comment on the crust. Dreamed it up the other night and then had a family member tell that someone did it on "Chopped". I said no way, then said oh well I did not know it so it is still original to me. And it was pretty awesome, smoky and a little heat but not the usual heat with Wasabi, great flavor. I agree should be great on other things.

Back