THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know I'm a little late, but Bo, that is absolutely beautiful! I love the bun. That is a work of art. Again, if I didn't see it next to that Mountain Dew can, I'd think it was bite-size though :rolleyes: -- as for the pics, in my opinion, burger pics tend to look better uncut and unbitten. The inside of a burger is not a pretty thing, but in your case, that open pic has a lot going for it, especially that smoke ring!

Well, so far my short list = my long list. Every single entry is a thing of beauty!

BigButz, that is a lovely MOINK. It reminds me of a grilled onion and I love grilled onions!

N8man, beautiful smoke. The cats and puppies look much better when they're turned into sausages and burgers.

John, that face is something Master would be proud of!

Ron, Chris, those steaks are among the most mouthwatering I've ever seen. Chris I only wish that were a real squirrel!

Big T, your pic speaks to me. I so want to make some enchiladas right now.

Wyobulldog, a beautiful pig on a beautiful smoker, love that chimney!

Bo, I'm still really impressed with the bun!

Southern Smoker, that is a thing of beauty! That calls for a shot of Screech to celebrate! -- Sure beats the cod tongues and cheeks I dined on when I was in St. John's. Left me wondering where exactly a "Northern Smoker" would be calling home?

Just one question for you all:

Were you able to finish it all in one sitting? :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, hope it's worthy of a Brethren Throwdown.

Gore, I am impressed..did ya get to George Street while in St John's.. Cod Tongue's now I'm hungry...next seafood throwdown I'll do up a batch..:becky:

Wow all those entries look fantastic...:clap2:

Thanks guys, hope it's worthy of a Brethren Throwdown.

Gore, I am impressed..did ya get to George Street while in St John's.. Cod Tongue's now I'm hungry...next seafood throwdown I'll do up a batch..:becky:

Wow all those entries look fantastic...:clap2:

How could anyone go to Newfoundland and miss George Street? Most bars and pubs per square foot on the continent, or at least it was advertised when I was there. That pig is definitely throwdown worthy -- only wish you had a bigger pic and more of them! You're more than welcome to submit cod tongues and cheeks to a seafood throwdown. I'll definitely give you points for uniqueness, but in my opinion, those things are still not eatable -- I didn't have them smoked though. I'd much rather enjoy a moose throwdown.

BTW, I still have a bottle of Screech -- I plan on opening it up and toasting you if you win. Despite its reputation from most other Canadians I talked with, I find the stuff very good! Maybe you can marinade the cheeks in Screech before the smoke.

Big T, your pic speaks to me. I so want to make some enchiladas right now.

Just one question for you all:

Were you able to finish it all in one sitting? :rolleyes:

Thank you :-D ! and no way :confused:. There is shredded, cubed, and sliced in the fridge and freezer that will last some time.

P1010008-1.jpg

Note: this is not a recent pic, so not sure if it's eligible, but thought I'd post it anyway.

When you say "not recent", what does that mean?

From the first post in the thread...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/16 through Sunday 4/25.

When you say "not recent", what does that mean?

From the first post in the thread...

Hi Ron,
Last summer! Guess I posted first and read the rules after... anyway maybe for a "historical" Throwdown down the road..:doh: Sorry newbie fopaux....

Xl abt

And a big ol' stuffed sausage ball...
The ABT is a poblano vehicle for smoked japs, then maple sausage, sauted onion, garlic, mushrooms and spinach w/ Todd's Dirt, ricotta, more sausage and japs and top shell put in place then wrapped with 5 slices of wright's bacon and smoked indirect on the weber. The sausage ball is Michele's Idea and creation as to what to do with the leftover sausage and stuffing. Will post the cook thread later in Q Talk.

Attachments

That looks good Guerry! I was expecting a giant chicken salad, and am a little disappointed that we won't be seeing that. After seeing this however, I think I can easily get over it!:thumb:

Back