THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHERE ARE SOME ENTRIES???????????????????????? I cannot live without brethren pron! Someone post something. Okay, I'll start it off with veggie prep!! Using the mini gasser to start.

Oops.....I spaced it out. :mad: I made some killer veggie enchiladas tonight too, and an all veggie pizza for lunch with hand picked tomatoes and basil from the greenhouse.

THROWDOWN7VEGGIES.jpg

I do have one legal entry from Saturday, some grilled endive seasoned with olive oil, vinegar, balsamic vinegar and TonyC's. The Korean tri-tip-strips fit the category too as the marinade has soy sauce (ya'know from soy beans) green onion, chives, ginger root, sesame seeds (from a sesame plant) and crushed red peppers.

Let's see, I only have one picture to post, so I do have two pictures left.......I doubt I will have time to use them....

Oops.....I spaced it out. :mad: I made some killer veggie enchiladas tonight too, and an all veggie pizza for lunch with hand picked tomatoes and basil from the greenhouse.

THROWDOWN7VEGGIES.jpg

I do have one legal entry from Saturday, some grilled endive seasoned with olive oil, vinegar, balsamic vinegar and TonyC's. The Korean tri-tip-strips fit the category too as the marinade has soy sauce (ya'know from soy beans) green onion, chives, ginger root, sesame seeds (from a sesame plant) and crushed red peppers.

Let's see, I only have one picture to post, so I do have two pictures left.......I doubt I will have time to use them....

"I doubt I will have time to use them" ......Famous last words.....A fast inventory of the vegetable selection after posting yielded a bag of carrots, come celery and two ears of corn. With about one hour to the midnight deadline I had to work fast. Will the neighbors or Mrs ~t~ think I'm nuts? Oh yeah....they know I am. What will I do with the corn?? Man....it will go great with the leftover enchiladas & Spanish rice I'm taking for lunch. Seasonings??? I was reaching for the TonyC's and bumped Plowboy's Yardbird Rub. Needless to say, I went with the one with the tractor on the label. :mrgreen: I'll call this full moon at midnight corn.

throwdown7corn2.jpg

Throwdown7corn.jpg

Submitted thanks to a "push" from Milehigh....I made the slaw that tops this killer pulled pork sammie....and beans are a veggie, right?....Keri's Hog Apple Beans (man were they good!!), done on the BDS while the pork butts rested.....

023-1-1.jpg

Carmelized Shallots

Cooked on the Cobb pan over charcoal briquettes.... Shallots carmelized with garlic cloves, bay leaf, butter, brown sugar and cranberry juice. Finished with balsamic vinegar, raisins, walnuts, S&P.

IMG_2277_W.jpg

IMG_2268_W.jpg

IMG_2269_W.jpg

Cabbages

I mixed a few chunks of Hickory and Pecan Shells in with some Lump and K in my firebasket and got it lit and to temp. I drained all but a few Tablespoons of liquid from some SauerKraut and placed that in a pan. Sliced a Head of Red Cabbage along with a Red Onion and placed those into a separate pan and drizzled with Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Bbq Sauce liberally.
Placed the pans of cabbages on my lower grate and put some Beef Kielbasas
on the upper grate.
Cab_Kraut_1.jpg
After Two hours in the Smoke I took the Sauerkraut and Kielbasas off and foiled the Red Cabbage/Red Onion mixture with half a cup of Amaretto and cooked for Two More Hours. While I waited on the Red Cabbage to finish cooking I had a Snack. Potato Roll with Honey Mustard, Kielbasa and Smoked Kraut....Delightful:-D
Snack_2.jpg
Once the Smoked Red Cabbage/Red Onion/Sweet Baby Ray's/Amaretto mixture was finished I combined with the Smoked Sauerkraut and Sliced Kielbasa, MMMMMMM!!!!
Cab_Kraut_Kiel_3.jpg

Back