BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 1

Rick great pron. I love how you got into the third pic what you cooked on. Very Coooool.

Here's my entry ...

PICT0075-1.jpg

PICT0004-2.jpg

PICT0074-2.jpg

Man did I enjoy this meal. :smile:

Looks like I'm gonna have to improve my camera skills as well as my cooking skills.

These pics belong in a magazine.

Nice job guys!!

beefwellington-007.jpg

beefwellington-043.jpg

beefwellington-050.jpg

:biggrin:

"ok... i have obtained my beef from the fancy market down the road. i stood there at the meat counter oozing drool till a small pool formed beneath me as several of the white coated workers asked one by one "can i help you?"

all i could mutter was "farkers... throwdown... farkers... beef...". they just looked at me, shook their head, and then went about their work.

37 minutes later, i had it. in my hand was a piece of beef. it was beautiful. i smelled it, i caressed it, i touched it gently from every angle, i whispered to it... it was in my basket.

then on to the cheese counter, and then eventually to the import beer aisle.

now i am ready to begin. i'm trying something new today, farkers. maybe with a little help from above this will turn out ok." :biggrin:

I think it did...!!! :p:p:p

Wow, I thought the steamship round (77 lbs) was going to be the winner. RTD is da man! My keyboard is about to short out from the slobber. Great job!

This was taken after all the food was cooked.

DSCN10312.jpg

DSCN1033.jpg

The pastrami was covered with 1/2 corriander 1/2 black peeper and a sprinkling of turbinado sugar and some granulated garlic then wrapped in plastic film overnight and taken out of refrig Sunday morning to bring to room temp and then lightly dusted again with seasonings. Cooked at 240-250 till 180 internal. After all was said and done Arlene gave it 5 chefs hats, that's good enough for me.

Below is the plated dinner meal with baby backs that were seasoned with 2 Fat Pollocks Pork rub and glazed with Willy B's sauce. Good Stuff.

DSCN1034.jpg

Last edited:
Lotsa great looking meals here. Gonna be some tough voting.

WooHoo...our first pron pic...and it looks to be a good one! Nice brisky...:p But you forgot to include what you smoked it on...per the rules. We must dock you 1 point! :twisted:

Ah.. well the rules are the rules! :cry: :biggrin:

It was cooked on <among others> on my friends DP clone as my small offset wouldn't handle what I cooked on that day.

Great Job everyone!! I went camping took the camera but forgot to check the batteries...... :oops: it was a ribeye on a smokey joe though and it was either real tasty or the 12 beers kicked in and I got the munchies:roll:.
Great pron everyone.

Those pics reveal just a few of the true BBQ geniuses within the forum.

Rick... you just rock!

"We are not worthy"
"Wayne's World mod"

Ah.. well the rules are the rules! :cry: :biggrin:

It was cooked on <among others> on my friends DP clone as my small offset wouldn't handle what I cooked on that day.

Since you posted your rig after all we'll give you a BBQ "Mulligan"...just this once! :p

Back