BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Lamb"

Chris, thanks for doing these throwdowns. I enjoy them whether I enter that week or not.
I know you are spending a great amount of your personal time for these, and hope you don't get too frustrated.

I can see these stopping in a heartbeat if it get's too complicated and serious.

One thing I will say, is that it has enabled several folks to better their own photography skills and put out some great pictures of what they enjoy...cooking food.

I hope we are able to keep it going.

Thanks Chris
I will definitely be entering more, though life is more than a little crazy right now. If I had a "normal" job, I'd probably enter every week. What a great excuse to try and cook something good and hone my camera skills! I sure won't try and change the rules if I ever am fortunate enough to get the privilege to choose another category. Competitions, no matter how "fun", are still competitions. It will always bring out the "edge" of the competitive souls. I have no doubt you'll get it down so that everyone understands the rules going in, and I know personally I'll always enjoy looking at what folks are cooking. There is a great deal of talent around here.

Okay, I am off to vote. Going to be tough, as there are some fine entries. I hope that my choosing lamb has inspired some folks who did not think they liked it to give it a try. The overcooked leg of lamb your Mom made when you were growing up....with that nasty mint jelly to cover up the gamey flavor...is not what should be stuck in your mind!

Thanks again Chris for all your efforts.
Chris

I came here to post that I was going to stop moderating the Throwdowns after the Ribs competition was complete. I have enough stress going on in my life already. I do not need something I started doing for "fun" turn into yet another stress point.

Rick, I am sorry that in yesterdays confusion the wrong photo wound up in the text I assimilated for the Vote thread. Due to the forum nto letting me edit my entry post, I can not change the photo. I understand your frustration and if you do not enter any more Throwdowns.

I am going to hang on to these Throwdowns a little bit longer. I hope that the new, immutable rules and zero tolerance of protests will help the situation. These are supposed to be about fun, let's just have fun.

Back