BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Dry Rubbed _______"

How about dry rubbed aged Angus New York Strip?

P7130006.jpg

(use this shot)

Rubbed with Dizzy Pig Raising The Steaks and grilled on the small Egg. Served with sauted baby portabellas and spinach with garlic and sea salt.

P7130008.jpg

And a nice Shiraz

P7130011.jpg

I've been working all weekend and haven't had much time to post. Thought I would swing by to see what has been posted. This stuff looks REALLY GOOD! I'm kinda glad I'm not getting to enter this weekend!:lol:

Pork loin Roast W/ Yardbird Rub, Smoked on the Spicewine w/ Pecan using Bill's "TK" Method. To tender to slice.The maple syrup was for my beans.

Attachments

• DSCN0759.jpg
    DSCN0759.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0761.jpg
    DSCN0761.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN0762.jpg
    DSCN0762.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 134
Thought I would throw in the pork butt I did yesterday just for kicks. Being my first butt on the uds it's kinda like when you make that first sale, you hang the framed dollar bill on the wall. So I'm hanging my first ugly smoked pork butt rubbed with nothing but Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy Rub. No pics of it being pulled, to much celebrating and forgot:icon_blush: But it sure didn't last long with 12 hungry people hovering over it like vultures. I do love the uds what a cookin machine!! I never had burnt ends like that off the Bradley.
IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Lil' pork loin on the BBQ for Palm Sunday. Served with marinara sauce and Fusili, Green beans and semolina bread....

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

__Dry rubbed with some sauce on the side- Memphis baby!

ribs r glorious bone down textbook winners dude!

Here is my one of my entries. Chicken thighs dry rubbed with Plowboy's Yardbird Rub.
Sat2.jpg

On the kettle....
Sat6.jpg

Here is what the end product looked like...
Sat11.jpg

Here is my second entry. Spare ribs rubbed with John Henry's Texas Pig Rub, done on the UDS, with Reg. Kingsford and chunks of cherry wood.

PICT0001-3.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0012-2.jpg

Ok, time for me to give this a shot. Pork tenderloin in a homemade rub of brown sugar, granulated garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and a sprinkle of some mesquite grill seasonings from Costco. Smoked slowly on the WSM with apple wood and a chunk of mesquite. Mmmm, tasty...

On the WSM with a turkey breast to keep it company:
img_0381.jpg

Ready to remove:
img_0383.jpg

Sliced and ready for the table:
img_0385.jpg

Ready to eat:
img_0386.jpg

Dry rubbed chicken

Here's my entry. It's alls I got from this weekend, and it was actually cooked during the allowable timeframe! LOL.

I'd like to use the first one as my submission...even though the second one tasted best :)

Hope yall had a good weekend.

ChickenPron1.jpg

ChickenPron2.jpg

Damn that looks good Nature Boy
and, I don't much care for Chicken!
I could eat a bunch of that.
Real eye candy right there.

Weiser

Here's my entry...

Here's my rub...(it's dry)...

IMG_6884.jpg

Here's my grill...

IMG_6886.jpg

Here's my grub...

IMG_6885.jpg

IMG_6893.jpg

Here's my money shot...

IMG_6894.jpg

This didn't suck...:cool:

My dry rub ingrediants (like to make my own)

Dry1.jpg

5.35# Bone in Pork Butt and the butt with a fatty

Dry2.jpg

Dry3.jpg

ABT's

Dry4.jpg

ABT's and the Fatty, as appetizers, they were gone before the butt was done.:wink:

Dry6.jpg

Dry5.jpg

The Pork Butt, smoked with apple and cherry, smoked for 7-1/2 hours at 230-250, pulled at 190 dgrees, let it rest for 1/2 hour then pulled.

Dry7.jpg

Dinner:biggrin:

Dry8.jpg

All of this looks amazing. Nature Boy's chicken is killing me right now. Man that loogs perfect.

Back