THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Absolutely not. Tenderloin and ribeye are two entirely different cuts. FYI, they have really nice whole choice and prime beef tenderloins at Costco.

That is correct, although it still can be a partial tenderloin. We usually buy beef tenderloins whole, then trim them, then cut in half in two roast size sections, reserving one in the freezer for later.

Costco carries both trimmed and untrimmed. The trimmed is usually quite a bit more expensive. Almost always it is much cheaper to trim them down yourself, and absolutely do this. It makes the whole experience much more worthwhile.

No, just Gore. :becky: ....

We're definitely in 100% agreement on that! That jerk drives me crazy too! :tsk:

oooooo, I forgot about making a dragon....

So, are chicken tenders ok? :becky:

I do not think I will have the time to cook this and enter my first throw down, but would this qualify ?

A friend brought this by my house the other day and gave it to me. Vacuum sealed in a 10X24 bag.

photo-10.jpg

photo-3-1.jpg

I do not think I will have the time to cook this and enter my first throw down, but would this qualify ?

A friend brought this by my house the other day and gave it to me. Vacuum sealed in a 10X24 bag.

photo-3-1.jpg

Well, if that's what it is, then you are in business! :thumb: It looks to me like an untrimmed tenderloin. What you really want is the cylinder of meat hiding inside. The outer portion has a lot of grizzle and if you want to make a special meal of it, you really don't want to be including it. It's best to cut it out before cooking. It's easy to do, only takes a few minutes, and I'm sure there are many instructions on the web and probably youtube videos to show you how. If you don't trim it, you'll wish you did (don't ask me how I know).

What about turkey tenderloin?

rm0401_turkey_potatoes1_lg.jpg

That is an absolutely beautiful turkey tenderloin, one of the finest I've ever seen. I'm trying to decide between salmon or eggplant tenderloin myself. :rolleyes:

Back