THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice steaks, MeatMan, but will you be enjoying a Dilly Bar with me?

The special rules say we are to cook a whole or partial tenderloin. Will steaks count as a partial tenderloin? :confused:

CD

Partial:

1. Of, relating to, being, or affecting only a part; not total; incomplete:

So technically a steak sliced off is a "partial" tenderloin...

I think the original intent was to be more like a third or half for something as big as a whole beef tenderloin which can be pretty large.

Funny, you know in England they call partial, pieces, cuts of meats JOINTS. Just thought I'd throw that out there. My entry is in England called a Fillet Mignon Joint. Does that count?

Funny, you know in England they call partial, pieces, cuts of meats JOINTS. Just thought I'd throw that out there. My entry is in England called a Fillet Mignon Joint. Does that count?

I tried to use the "you can photoshop your background" rule, and so far, no love. But, then again, Moose gave you a plus one compliment, so maybe the special rules only apply to canine minorities. You may be fine, but the dog has to obey the rules.

I need to call my lawyer. I see a Supreme Court case in my future. Then the book, and the movie rights. This could be my new retirement plan.

CD

I tried to use the "you can photoshop your background" rule, and so far, no love. But, then again, Moose gave you a plus one compliment, so maybe the special rules only apply to canine minorities. You may be fine, but the dog has to obey the rules.

I need to call my lawyer. I see a Supreme Court case in my future. Then the book, and the movie rights. This could be my new retirement plan.

CD

What? When dogs go to heaven from a TD?

I think the original intent was to be more like a third or half for something as big as a whole beef tenderloin which can be pretty large.

That was the original intent, yes. :thumb:

Much more importantly, maybe we should start a DQ Club? I've already got one under my belt! :clap2:

That was the original intent, yes. :thumb:

Much more importantly, maybe we should start a DQ Club? I've already got one under my belt! :clap2:

You are going to decide who is and who is not DQ'd from this throwdown. You will not be able to pass this onto bigabyte, as much as I would like to see him violated by bulls again.

IMO, you can not let the entries using cut up meat to pass, without letting the guy who cooked his meat right but did not take all the right pictures be DQ'd.

We are either allowed to compete, or this is a Communist plot to take over America starting with the BBQ Brethren.

So Moose, are you with us or with the Communists?

CD

What rules are you talking about Willis. I saw something on the first page about Tenderloin Throwdown? Was that it? Well, didn't read it. However my attorney did, the use of the word partial according to him and Webster (not the TV Webster) means a portion. Those steaks were 2 inches thick. IMO a pretty darn big partial portion. Rules are rules, and I'm a good sport, so I am very, very sorry if in fact my entry did not comply with the rules. What did I expect, I never win nothing, see ya at DQ! I'll be the guy sitting all by myself :(

IMO, you can not let the entries using cut up meat to pass, without letting the guy who cooked his meat right but did not take all the right pictures be DQ'd. CD

Agreed.

While I think I spelled out the special rules quite clearly, I also don't moderate the TD's, so this is ultimately up to Bigabyte to decide.

Please, have some eggplant. You'll feel much better. :becky:

What the sour farking grapes is going on here. I walk away for a few hours and all of a sudden I'm in DQ land. I did cook the whole farking tenderloin and had a grill shot. I didn't see any rule that said I had to cook the whole farking tenderloin in its original farking uncut state. I'm not cooking a farking moo-ing cow nor am I cooking a farking oink-ing pig just to satisfy some superfluous rule. :heh:

Ha... leave it to the liverals to turn this into a class action suit.:tsk:

Intent is a mental attitude with which an individual acts, and therefore it cannot ordinarily be directly proved but must be inferred from surrounding facts and circumstances. Intent refers only to the state of mind with which the act is done or omitted. It differs from motive, which is what prompts a person to act or to fail to act. For example, suppose Billy calls Amy names and Amy throws a snowball at him. Amy's intent is to hit Billy with a snowball. Her motive may be to stop Billy's taunts. So, how could it take you 5 minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit eating world 20 minutes?

That said IMO ones state of mind is directly affected by fancy eggplant avatars. :becky:

What the sour farking grapes is going on here. I walk away for a few hours and all of a sudden I'm in DQ land. I did cook the whole farking tenderloin and had a grill shot. I didn't see any rule that said I had to cook the whole farking tenderloin in its original farking uncut state. I'm not cooking a farking moo-ing cow nor am I cooking a farking oink-ing pig just to satisfy some superfluous rule. :heh:

Is DQ land such a bad fate given your excellent entry? :confused:

Back