I still want to know what it tasted like. Maybe when Gore comes out of his sugar coma, he can describe it.

CD :becky:

Sorry CD, I had to leave town for work today. In all honesty, and I know this may come as some surprise, it was even better than I expected. :shock: I absolutely LOVE pecan pie, and was a bit wary of the traditional peanut pie. I thought it might be a bit boring by comparison. Although the filling is quite similar to pecan pie, there is just a bit of a kick to it from the cayenne and cinnamon, which I found really enjoyable. I didn't find myself wishing for pecan and thoroughly enjoyed the peanut pie for what it was. The chocolate ganache also was the right frosting and worked extremely well. These types of dessert can run too sweet, but I didn't find this so. I thoroughly enjoyed the homemade caramel -- much better than any I've had before and was most pleasantly surprised by the fried banana topping. I normally do not favor fruit with cake, but the bites with the bananas were the best. This definitely will be on the list to bring to the relatives for Thanksgiving. :thumb:

Unfortunately, I did not meet my diet goal this week. I just have no will power. :tsk:

Why are you on a diet anyway? You ain't fat.:tsk:

Thanks Guerry, did you have something entered that I'm voting for now? :becky: When I was in Amsterdam I got taken out by a motorscooter and had to have a knee reconstructed. They'd like me to lose another 15 pounds to help put off the date for getting knee replacement. I could lose a few pounds but that is a really good incentive.

I did some genealogical research, and it appears we are distant relatives. :becky:

Yeah, I've got a few elk on my father's side.

I out on the road in search of Ninja and I'm getting close. Last night I left out one of Miltons relatives and there was a disturbance outside, but I said to myself "self go back to sleep" but in the morning I found the carnage that was left behind.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337489041.731900.jpg
To be sure it was Ninja I'll have to check his dental records and take a casting of the footprint left on the cooler.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337488982.482149.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337488982.482149.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 70
I out on the road in search of Ninja and I'm getting close. Last night I left out one of Miltons relatives and there was a disturbance outside, but I said to myself "self go back to sleep" but in the morning I found the carnage that was left behind.
View attachment 64906
To be sure it was Ninja I'll have to check his dental records and take a casting of the footprint left on the cooler.

We just had a wake and said our good-byes -- of course, the body cannot be recovered, but we have come to grips with that. Are you suggesting that Ninja may have survived the SPAMfish? :twitch:

Oh my, I must have missed the SPAMfish incident, had I known there was a wake yesterday I would have sent a bouquet of avocados. But I think if anyone could survive the SPAMfish it would be him besides I can't think of any other varmit that would do that to Miltons cousin Bradley.

Oh my, I must have missed the SPAMfish incident, had I known there was a wake yesterday I would have sent a bouquet of avocados. But I think if anyone could survive the SPAMfish it would be him besides I can't think of any other varmit that would do that to Miltons cousin Bradley.

It would appear that your search for Ninja will come up empty handed:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133394

All I can say is that it must've been a really big SPAMfish. :shock:

Just back from a fishing weekend and I need to go through quite a few pages but before the night gets away from me I thought I post my nod to CT Elvis.

I'm thinking he might like to eat. I'm also thinking what he eats my not be entirely healthy. So as I looked in the fridge on our final day of fishing I thought what would CT Elvis make with hamburger, eggs, 3 pepper cheese, chipotle gouda cheese, pretzel buns and jalapeno bacon.

Well of course he would make a griddle fried 1/2 pound burger with jalapeno bacon 3 pepper and chipotle gouda cheese with a fried egg on a pretzel bun and a beer (of course).

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

Thanks for looking.

IMG_2571.jpg

I'd cage fight a couple rounds with CT Elvis to get the opportunity to snarf down great looking burger... As long as he didn't get me on the mat with the toe pin to the face it would be well worth it! :clap:

Back