BBQ Brethren "Something Crispy This Way Comes" Throwdown

Just an FYI since this Throwdown is still in progress...

The following new rule has been added to the Throwdown Rules, effective immediately.

12. The only time a team entry will be accepted is when the team entry is made by Brethren at a Brethren Bash, and the team name must also be submitted with the entry. Otherwise only individual entries will be accepted.

I felt it necessary to post this here as well since technically if a team entry came in for this category, it would also count because the rule went into effect while this Throwdown was still open.

I am a team of one Amber gives me no help with prep or cook just some random ideas here and there right before she royally kicks my arse..

A Shameless Start Pt 1

I will start with pot,some lard,piggy goodness and a therm,some tongs and my secret weapons. Amber is gonna kill me for the shameless exploitation of our children.

Last edited:
We're in a desperate situation and I think Alan has the right idea. I like the throwdown shot.
So which one is named "Crispy"?

What is crispier than a cracker? Well, I can't think of anything, so I decided to make one! I'm still having trouble getting fatties out of my system, so I decided to make a fatty cracker. (I may have to see someone about this.) I started by rolling out the sausage

IMG_1023.jpg

and loaded this up with some roasted peppers of various colors, red, orange and yellow. Crackers are meant to be festive.

IMG_1025.jpg

I rolled this up and coated it with pimento and cooked it on my oval

IMG_1026.jpg

Well, that's not too crispy, nor very cracker-like, so I wrapped it up in about 10 sheets of buttered filo. I increased the temperature on the oval to about 475* and cooked it for another 20 minutes:

IMG_1027.jpg

It looked pretty crispy when I took it off.

IMG_1032.jpg

It looked even better when I sliced it up:boom:

IMG_1049-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I think the kids ploy is a good idea because the kids ain't eatin' anything they don't like. My girl is grown but the neighbor has some...Hmmm?

That looks awesome ecode. Crunchy phyllo , roasted peppers, nice!!

Pork Rinds Pt2

Ok Husbands here is my feeble attempt to help us out. First notice the grill I cooked this on and then the lard melting in the pot, We get the pork skins from a local meat market and they beat anything that comes out of a bag. Finally the hot sauce is a must have with fresh pork rinds...

Last edited:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Ecode...

DAYUM!!!

I noticed the last text before your entry shot was this little Bomb smiley...:boom:

Very appropriate after dropping a 50 megaton quality entry like that on us!:shock:

Alan...I would so be all over that, but none of you Husbands have a chance now. I would suggest every time you think you want to look at the vote thread for this Throwdown to see how you are doing, that instead you take a drink. Before long you'll forget any of this even happened!

Couldn't get a handle on this TD until I went to the store for some beer. They had SWEETBREADS! Holy calf:-D. I soaked them for many hours, then boiled them via a charcoal chimney. Then into an ice bath and then sliced into pieces. I coated the pieces with a spicy seasoned flour, egg dipped, and then into cornmeal. Fried over the charcoal chimney at 375 until golden wonderfulness. Served humbly on a brown paper bag with hot sauce, lime mayonnaise and grape tomatoes. The neighbor wouldn't let me use their kids so this all I got:wink:. Thanks for looking!
dagland.jpg

boiling.jpg

battered.jpg

frying.jpg

fried.jpg

friedplate.jpg
My entry. Thanks for looking.

Bluetang...normally I am nto at all interested in Sweetbreads. I don't think I would hesitate to try that the way you presented it however. It looks great!:cool:

WOW Ecode has done me in again and yes I will be checking the vote thread on numerous occasions just so I can drink wait Amber is still yet to post and the kids went to grandma's so much for secret weapon

Back