BBQ Brethren "Pizza" Throwdown

picture.php

picture.php

CD

Beautiful pizza, just beautiful! :clap2::clap2:

Great looking pies!:clap2:

Phil made some New Yawk Pizzas, Grandma style on Friday night. They were DELICIOUS!:cool:

This thread is making me want more pizza.

I totally wanted to enter this TD. I was completely geared up to make some "za" on the firepit. I modified it pretty well for this contest. I planned the meal, bought some crusts.
However- This was a huge weekend in Wisconsin for sports. I went to the Brewers playoff game on saturday afternoon (won) and got home kinda late to cook, and kinda buzzed.
My neighbor invited me over for the Badgers-Nebraska game (won) where I completed the buzz into hammered-ness. No cooking with big fires when drunk, not good.
Sunday I had to go to work for a bit. I got called there from a buddy. "I got an extra ticket for the Brewers game" he said. "Done. I think I love you" I replied. I went to game two of the NLDS Brewers game (won).
Came home, made bratwurst soaked in apple cider with chunks of apple, a corn and red pepper foil package with butter and garlic salt. No pizzas. Dang.
I'll cast a vote though, it's gonna be a tough choice for this one, good looking stuff from all.

Oh, then there was also a Green Bay Packer game today which I listened to a little of. (won)

Shoot, I made a pizza and posted pron yesterday, but did hottest all the right pics for this showdown. Overall, great looking pizzas so far!

I put the KitchenAid to work on a pizza dough recipe I got from my friends over at GreenLeaf BBQ at a pizza class I took last year.
IMG_9780.jpg

80 minutes later it had risen nicely
IMG_9782.jpg

I assembled two pesto chicken pizzas with basil, feta cheese, pine nuts (added after this pic :doh:), artichoke hearts, and some tomatoes from my parents garden
IMG_9787.jpg

Pizza #2 (added just a little mozzarella) on the Egg
IMG_9795.jpg

All done
IMG_9807.jpg

This one is for the TD vote
IMG_9815.jpg

Started off with a little alfredo sauce.
IMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8711.jpg

Then grilled some peppers and chicken breasts
IMG_8713.jpg

Love me some grilled peppers. Skin removed and ready to go.
IMG_8714.jpg

Pizza #1 assembled. Alfredo sauce, chicken, peppers, and shallots.
IMG_8718.jpg

Prepping #2 for the kids. Just pepperoni.
IMG_8719.jpg

IMG_8721.jpg

Cooked them on the new WSM with a little bit of hickory.

IMG_8726.jpg

IMG_8723.jpg

IMG_8733.jpg

IMG_8730.jpg

And a little help blowing out my birthday candle.
IMG_8743.jpg

Past the deadline so I throw myself on the mercy of the Biggie to see if my entry will be allowed... :pray:

Fresh maters from the garden
edit_preview.php

Fresh poblanos from the garden
edit_preview.php

Maters cut up, pureed and cooking down
edit_preview.php

Added diced up poblanos and cooked down more
edit_preview.php

Stuff for crust
edit_preview.php

Crust dough rising
edit_preview.php

Grilled chicken breast
edit_preview.php

Shrooms and artichokes
edit_preview.php

Grilled them up
edit_preview.php

Chicken, shrooms, artichokes and sun dried tomatos
edit_preview.php

Pizza one assembled with above goodies plus garlic alfredo sauce and cheeses
edit_preview.php

JD Hot Snausage
edit_preview.php

Same as above cooked
edit_preview.php

Added some pepperoni
edit_preview.php

Sauced up and laid out
edit_preview.php

Add some cheeses and black olives for pizza #2
edit_preview.php

Both on the Traeger... Notice I accidently put pizza #1 against the pit probe... :doh:
edit_preview.php

Chicken pizza hot off the grill
edit_preview.php

Snausage/pepperoni pizza hot off the grill
edit_preview.php

Money shot of both (if allowed in)...:pray:
edit_preview.php

That was Sunday pizza night at the Czervik ranch... If nothing else thanks for looking. :becky:

Nice pies guys! Caseydog, I am soooo jealous of your garden, your pizza looks great! I'm glad to see some new faces in the TD's. And Mongo, I would so hit those pizzas, love the homemade sauce! Oooh, goro25, love the tossing of the dough shot and your pizzas look simply mouth watering! Moose, can't wait to see your cook, pizza looks perfect!

Just found the thread yesterday but since my son and I did the work I figured I would post it up, even if its late. It would appear I need to use something other than my blackberry camera as well, some of the pics here were amazing!

We did make fresh dough for the first time which was interesting to say the least.

Son's creation. Homemade sauce with roasted tomatoes ( canned), fresh mozeralla, freshly grated parmesan, fresh basil and roma tomato and pepperoni

IMG00265-20111002-1936.jpg

I had the Backwoods running about 450 and in the first pie goes.

IMG00266-20111002-1938.jpg

Pulled right at 10 minutes

IMG00267-20111002-1952.jpg

My contribution. Used his homemade sauce, lean ground beef, chopped onion, grated parmesan and cheddar cheese.

IMG00269-20111002-2007.jpg

Hitting the Party

IMG00271-20111002-2009.jpg

Pulled and sliced dill pickles on top

IMG00273-20111002-2028.jpg

In our house, his pizza won the throwdown as mine was a tad overdone.

Back