BBQ Brethren "Mini" Throwdown

Well it was a better pic at least, not sure how he missed it this morning but still does not do the actual chops justice! But the only other in focus pic was this...:becky:

noleftovers.jpg

If that is in focus, you are stoned.

Maybe I should do my pork chop redo. I could beat Guerry's just by focusing the camera. :becky:

CD

Mini Steak Dinner

Okay, so here is my official thread, just wanted to have a little fun first. I haven't entered one of these in a while, and my wife is out of town, so what better time to have a little fun with my little girl and my little grill?

Here is the "flank steak" seasoned with a little salt and pepper and some brisket rub.

DSC02809.jpg

I put the potatos on first since they take a little while to cook all the way through.

DSC02817.jpg

I eventually put everything on there and had a nice full grill.

DSC02819.jpg

Once everything was done, I found the biggest beer I've ever seen and had a nice little meal.

DSC02835.jpg

I think she was confused at first about the size of her plate

DSC02836.jpg

but the promise of ice cream usually brings an easy smile to her face :-D

DSC02837.jpg

So here are the actual ingredients of my "mini" steak dinner.

DSC02798.jpg

And a couple pictures of the whole thing up close

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

I'm sure some of you guys with a little more patience and a lot more photography skills could've done a better job with this, but we had fun anyway. Thanks for looking.

Nice one Wrench! A mini dinner from a mini grill. At least your pics are in focus!

Unlike mine, Chris' and half of Phubars...:becky:

And as to your dish Phu, any leftovers for me?

Thanks Phubar, mine is just a silly little plate though. Yours, on the other hand, is a hot farking mess of deliciousness. Give me a plate of that and a couple tortillas and I'm good to go.

Wrench - I think the pic with your daughter smiling with the plate is great! It offers the right balance of the cute kid factor and puts the plate size into perspective.

Phu - Way to represent the WGA! :jaw:

I'm having a hard time coming up with an entry. I was going to do a pork chop, but got deguerred on that. My mind is a blank on the "shell" TD, too.

Is there such a thing as Throwdown Fatigue? Will drinking a lot fix it?

CD

I'm having a hard time coming up with an entry. I was going to do a pork chop, but got deguerred on that. My mind is a blank on the "shell" TD, too.

Is there such a thing as Throwdown Fatigue? Will drinking a lot fix it?

CD
Go with cheesecake. It's a proven winner!:doh:

Okay, my neighbor came over to sit on the patio and get toasted with me in the very welcome cool breeze, and I came up with an idea. And, I can do it on the Smokey Joe. And, at the very least, I will like it.

I'll cook it as soon as I sober up. :becky:

CD

Go with cheesecake. It's a proven winner!:doh:

If there was a dessert category, I would have voted for your thing that you did with the tortilla with the sweet stuff and the crumbles. You should at least get Miss Congeniality for that one -- not that you personally deserve that title, but your dessert should not be punished because you made it. :becky:

CD

Back