BBQ Brethren "Meat and Potatoes" Throwdown!!!

Man, looking at all those great entries is making me hungry. This is going to be a tough competition. Great job everybody!:clap::clap::clap:

This is my official entry in the Meat and Potatoes TD.

The Racooner.

I was driving down the road the other day, thinking about what I wanted to do for the local yokel TD Kathy called. Well, I still haven't come up with anything yet, :tsk: BUT, I did remember a local favorite that happens to have meat and potatoes!

We have, what is in my mind, the best, 100 year old, hot dog fryin', burger flippin', chili, mustard and oninons'in', heart attack inducin', hole in the wall, right here in my town. The place is called The Grill Shop, and one of their breakfast specialties is called The Racooner, a sandwich made of bacon, eggs, cheese and homefried potatoes on a long roll. I also added onions and green peppers, just because it seemed like the right thing to do. :-D

Potatoes, homemade bacon, onions and peppers, eggs, and a long roll, (not pictured, 3 slices of American cheese). Yes, I do realize the roll really isn't that long. Around here though, when you order a sandwich that would normally be served on a round roll, you just say "on a long roll" and this is what you get. Oh, and some Yardbird, everything's better with Yardbird, especially eggs and potatoes.

IMG_3049.jpg

I broke out my cast iron griddle, that thing makes some mean bacon. :thumb: The rest of it is pretty self explanatory.

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

You still with me?

Cheese went on top of this pile.

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Please use the last shot for the TD.

Thanks for looking!

:peace:

Well, bigabyte says he's too busy working to post the vote thread, but I think he's still mad at me. :tsk:

CD :becky:

I wished I'd thought about it ealier, but it just hit me that I should enter the soup I've been eating for the past month. It's all beef and potateos with vegies ... blasted

Well, not like I was cooking it anyway. The G/F had been doing that for me ... since the Dr tells me I can't do any strenuous activities

Man, this is going to be a tough vote! Great entries everybody! :clap:

I agree, these entries are spectacular!

BBQ Bacon -- mouthwatering, OMG! I loved all the calzone shots, what a great idea to do that. Potatoes make amazing dough -- did you use any leavening in your dough like eggs or yeast? The sweet potato casserole looks beautifully carmelized -- what's in the crumble topping? I'd like to make some. I appreciate that Canada Day bootie, too, nice touch this weekend.

Garman -- I like the reverse-sear idea on the ribeye, I'm going to try it -- especially when you say they were the best steaks you ever made! Delicious looking plate.

Colonel -- I'm really glad you stopped fixing your house long enough to do this. The chicken looks amazing and the pictures of the skin look amazing, too. Can you tell me what thread Moose's super top secret chicken rub #2 recipe is in, I'd really like to try it out. I love the idea of the pouch for grilling vegetables, they look amazing, too. Beautiful plate.

PitbossJB -- I loved how you stuffed the potatoes and I loved the steak. Great marbelling and I love heavy peppercorn taste of Montreal steak spice, too. Deliciousness on a plate with a dark beer, mmmmmm.

Fingerlickin' -- I noted down that hole in the wall place, thanks for posting about it. I'm going to keep records of good places to eat in the US that we may travel near in the future. Homemade bacon on that cast iron griddle, eh? I think we have one packed up downstairs, better find it and try making bacon on it, your picture sold me on the idea. Great looking breakfast bun.

I feel like I need to go and eat again. :nod:

Colonel -- I'm really glad you stopped fixing your house long enough to do this. The chicken looks amazing and the pictures of the skin look amazing, too. Can you tell me what thread Moose's super top secret chicken rub #2 recipe is in, I'd really like to try it out. I love the idea of the pouch for grilling vegetables, they look amazing, too. Beautiful plate.

Here you go.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137123&highlight=moose+chicken+rub

I copied that rub recipe too. Can't wait to try it especially after seeing it. I think Moose has a pic posted in the wordless pic thread in WP too. Excellent lookin' chickin'!

Back