BBQ Brethren Masters Cut #5 - Pork Belly (Comes to an end on 7/31!)

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

You don't pick a picture....you post 3 pictures.:rolleyes:

Didn't you read any of the rules?:laugh:

Oh... Well I figured since you was gonna change the rules anyways, you know... they didn't matter? :heh:

So I need to pick 3 pics out of the above and let you know or repost or what? Sorry I forgot my helmet today and I'm having troubles. It's Guerry's fault... didn't take his meds.

another belly in da mix

I have Belly in the cure,,,I have proof! 6 more days until I can post, do you think I can make it?

For some reason I can't post the pics. I may have to do it from the office comp,, Grrrrrr

I have Belly in the cure,,,I have proof! 6 more days until I can post, do you think I can make it?

For some reason I can't post the pics. I may have to do it from the office comp,, Grrrrrr
Unless we get two more entries today, you're good.

Ryan, I think I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to add just one thing, and it's not even a rule. I'm going to call it the Ryan and Biggie's Short Bus Clause. As long as someone shows a sincere effort to make an entry, and even if it is out of whack with the rules, as long as I think it is a kick butt entry I'll allow it and make it fit somehow. After that though, everyone is at the mercy of the whim of the voters, and sometimes I question big their whim really is.

Ok I got it fixed. Here is my proof!
I used Morton Tender quick, Yardbird, cracked black, chili flakes and honey. So far so good. :thumb:
Now 6 days from now,, who knows. It might even taste good!

Attachments

• raw belly.jpg
    raw belly.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 183
  • with cure.jpg
    with cure.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 184
  • in the vac sac.jpg
    in the vac sac.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 183
Unless we get two more entries today, you're good.

Ryan, I think I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to add just one thing, and it's not even a rule. I'm going to call it the Ryan and Biggie's Short Bus Clause. As long as someone shows a sincere effort to make an entry, and even if it is out of whack with the rules, as long as I think it is a kick butt entry I'll allow it and make it fit somehow. After that though, everyone is at the mercy of the whim of the voters, and sometimes I question big their whim really is.

So, you're tellin me I can make another entry today?

Common! You knew some jerk was gonna try to twist the rules, you just didnt realize it was gonna happen so fast! :heh:

I keed! I keeeeeeed!!

Alright, seriously, a couple of things - first, while I did bring it up because I thought it was a valid concern, the thoughts expressed in the thread about considering changes did not seem to convey the same sentiments, so, please do not make these changes based only on my behalf, trying to appease my ill mannered request - do it only if you truly see a need for a change. I promise not to hold it against you very much.

Second, I dont want this "rule" to be used to negate other rules, we have them for a reason and if we can't live by laws and rules, then we are no better than politicians. And if you're no better than a politicrat, then your personal rants will be rendered useless and dismissed out of hand, we can't have that happening!

Third, I friggin love the name of the clause! If you decide not to institute this new clause, then I beseech you to find another clause to instill using this name.

Peace be with you.

So, you're tellin me I can make another entry today?

Common! You knew some jerk was gonna try to twist the rules, you just didnt realize it was gonna happen so fast! :heh:

I keed! I keeeeeeed!!

Alright, seriously, a couple of things - first, while I did bring it up because I thought it was a valid concern, the thoughts expressed in the thread about considering changes did not seem to convey the same sentiments, so, please do not make these changes based only on my behalf, trying to appease my ill mannered request - do it only if you truly see a need for a change. I promise not to hold it against you very much.

Second, I dont want this "rule" to be used to negate other rules, we have them for a reason and if we can't live by laws and rules, then we are no better than politicians. And if you're no better than a politicrat, then your personal rants will be rendered useless and dismissed out of hand, we can't have that happening!

Third, I friggin love the name of the clause! If you decide not to institute this new clause, then I beseech you to find another clause to instill using this name.

Peace be with you.

Get a room!

bproffer, our local Vons stores carry it. I needed some a while back and happend to ask one day when I was there, the butcher told me they can get it any time, just give them a couple days notice.

bproffer, our local Vons stores carry it. I needed some a while back and happend to ask one day when I was there, the butcher told me they can get it any time, just give them a couple days notice.

I actually found some in a carneceria. Wasnt the best looking, but a pork belly none the less. I did a practice smoke on 1/2 of it and it turned out so-so. Not good enough to post here. I may thaw the remainder and try again this weekend...

The next cut we are going to master is...

Pork Belly!
pork1-390x384.jpg

Photo from A Knife's Work website.

NEXT CUT: Chuck Roast (will begin the day after after this category ends)

Three months later and I'm wondering...Will we ever see the days of the chuck?

By my calculations this thing started on 4/19, I figured I was going to get to do my Chuck while camping for memorial day weekend........... wait............. what?............... my wife's trying to tell me something......................... WHAT!!!??? My bad sorry guys I'm too impatient, I've just been told that I forgot to carry over the 1 while doing my goesintas' and it going to be memorial day 2012. :laugh:

By my calculations this thing started on 4/19, I figured I was going to get to do my Chuck while camping for memorial day weekend........... wait............. what?............... my wife's trying to tell me something......................... WHAT!!!??? My bad sorry guys I'm too impatient, I've just been told that I forgot to carry over the 1 while doing my goesintas' and it going to be memorial day 2012. :laugh:

I never did quite master Jethro math myself...

Back