THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first throwdown. I'm going to give this a shot and keep it short and sweet. I made 8 of these bad boys, but photographed one just to fit the throw down. Cooked for a few friends, so this was not only a throwdown but a production as well. Unfortunately I do not know the exact weight of the chops, but by the total weight, they were averaging about .90 pounds each.

Went with super thick cut pork chops. I injected them with a garlic herb marinade, left to refrigerate for 45 minutes.
raw.jpg

2011-10-23183028.jpg

After 45 minutes, I made up some cornbread stuffing, that each chop was sliced open and stuffed with. Also dusted them with a bit of fresh ground pepper.
2011-10-23192206.jpg

2011-10-23192215.jpg

I put these on my buddies webber performer, at 350* for 25 mins per side with a rotation of 90 degrees at 15 mintues in an attempt to achieve a perfect grill pattern in the meat.
2011-10-23192430.jpg

2011-10-23224959.jpg

And the final (delicious) product:
2011-10-23204531.jpg

2011-10-23204620.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!

I think all of the above. It looks very suspicious to me and I'd swear a squirrel was involved somewhere. As for that garnish, notice that there are no grill marks or aluminum foil to protect it from who knows what forces. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't materialize on the photographic negative (do they still make those anymore?). I'm sure alien forces were involved somewhere. The whole thing reeks of conspiracy. :shock:
Squirrels would never show up around here, right?? :shock:

Squirrels would never show up around here, right?? :shock:

Chris does his best to keep them off this subforum, but sometimes he's overwhelmed. I'm still trying to figure out what this is exactly:

2011-10-23224959.jpg

He apparently likes pork chops as there is a bite missing. Definitely has the appropriate headgear. :thumb:

I think all of the above. It looks very suspicious to me and I'd swear a squirrel was involved somewhere. As for that garnish, notice that there are no grill marks or aluminum foil to protect it from who knows what forces. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't materialize on the photographic negative (do they still make those anymore?). I'm sure alien forces were involved somewhere. The whole thing reeks of conspiracy. :shock:

All theories at this point are irrelevant. There is green stuff on that potato. Ergo, that tater is officially garnish.

Well I had pictures from two cooks but due to complications in Sunday I didn't get to put either one up. I did want to show you the two man sized rib eyes that I cooked though.

I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to steaks so these got salt and pepper then in the fridge for what was supposed to 24 hours and turned into 48.

Then I smoked them at about 220 over mesquite until about 115. (Second picture shows them after the smoke) After the egg heated up I put them back on for a reverse sear.

The flavor in these steaks was awesome. I will be doing the slow smoke/reverse sear whenever time allows.

Attachments

• Raw.jpg
    Raw.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Smoked.gif
    Smoked.gif
    217.4 KB · Views: 56
  • On grill.jpg
    On grill.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Rib Eye.jpg
    Rib Eye.jpg