BBQ Brethren "Happy Meal" Throwdown!

My Entry:

Moneyshot

6a00d8341c630a53ef013488a7f225970c-800wi

Attachments

• beef.jpg
    beef.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 99
Fark! I was going to sit this one out. Now I'm feeling pressure to do something really stupid. :doh:

:director:Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore

:director:Do something really stupid.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:doh: No, you don't understand, I had my sister-in-law and her two kids over for 10 days. Our niece is 21 and our nephew is a 6'3" teenage boy. My wife always wanted a teenage boy to feed. I BBQ'ed every day, ribs, roasts, steak, you name it. One day I had all three smokers going! My wife baked. It was 10 days of pure bliss. And there was also Christmas (or MongoDay) in there too! I gained 10 farkin' pounds! We went to Costco yesterday and the only thing I remember hearing was, "You're not planning on getting any meat, are you?" -- "Uh, ... no, Honey, I would never think of such a thing." :doh: So now you're pressuring me into a meatless Happy Meal? Isn't that an oxymoron? Doesn't sound very happy to me, ... but there is broccoli. :rolleyes:

:doh: No, you don't understand, I had my sister-in-law and her two kids over for 10 days. Our niece is 21 and our nephew is a 6'3" teenage boy. My wife always wanted a teenage boy to feed. I BBQ'ed every day, ribs, roasts, steak, you name it. One day I had all three smokers going! My wife baked. It was 10 days of pure bliss. And there was also Christmas (or MongoDay) in there too! I gained 10 farkin' pounds! We went to Costco yesterday and the only thing I remember hearing was, "You're not planning on getting any meat, are you?" -- "Uh, ... no, Honey, I would never think of such a thing." :doh: So now you're pressuring me into a meatless Happy Meal? Isn't that an oxymoron? Doesn't sound very happy to me, ... but there is broccoli. :rolleyes:

Happy (Meal) New Year! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You could always do a Nacho Veggie Burger Patty Sammich :thumb:

Around the time Gore was reminding me how much weight I gained in the past week my wife decided to take the older kids on various errands around town.

Scarlett and I were getting hungry and after the Mongo Burger yesterday I could use a healthy lunch. All of this together inspired me to come up with what was hopefully a healthy happy meal.

Scarlett and I put together a plan, went shopping and came home with our ingredients.

hm1.JPG

I couldn't completely sell this without a little bit of sweet and didn't know if the mango would be enough. Scarlett was on board with honey mustard so we mixed a little up.

hm2.JPG

Next I needed a toy. Moxie volunteered but we were worried he wouldn't fit in the happy meal bag. He was also worried that the honey mustard might stain his fur. This gave us a perfect opportunity to try out the new Christmas present.

hm3.JPG
hm4.JPG

So we par boiled the fingerling potatoes and coated them with Scarlett's favorite rub. We then brushed the chicken thighs with a little olive oil and spooned on the honey mustard. That all went in the BGE at 350. The last five minutes or so I placed our mango on top brushed wiith a little honey and some chives.

hm5.JPG

Scarlett loves grapes and rasberrys (pretty big deal when she gives them away). She also loves donut balls. This rounded out the happy meal along with a the remaining mango that we grilled just because it looked like it needed a purpose. I was surprised by how much I liked the grilled mango. Scarlett liked it on the sandwich but not so much by itself.

hm6.JPG
hm7.JPG

All in all a big hit and Moxie was happy to get out of his bag.

hm8.JPG

The end.

hm9.JPG

I think Bigabyte might have made a big mistake not including Lulu in the pic. Of course it might have been a calculated error, ... if I knew what that even meant. :crazy: Great looking meal Oldyote and Scarlett!

There's still a whole week to get some shots of Lulu, but you might have to choose another refreshment.

Back