Are you drinking beer or whiskey?

Beer! Fark, that's what I need. I haven't had a beer in ... I don't even know how long. :shocked: Why don't we have a beer throwdown sometime? ... Oh, yeah, I guess we're always throwing down beers. :icon_blush: It's just a thought... better than this stupid entish TD that somebody called. Gheesh, I didn't even know ents BBQed and I thought they didn't like fire. Where is that Mongo nerd? He ought to know.

Beer! Fark, that's what I need. I haven't had a beer in ... I don't even know how long. :shocked: Why don't we have a beer throwdown sometime? ... Oh, yeah, I guess we're always throwing down beers. :icon_blush: It's just a thought... better than this stupid entish TD that somebody called. Gheesh, I didn't even know ents BBQed and I thought they didn't like fire. Where is that Mongo nerd? He ought to know.

I have no idea what you are talking about but a beer throwdown sounds like a mighty fine idea.

I just realized that somebody submitted a picture that was in focus.:der: What the fark is with that?:mad: You guys are setting the bar WAY too high for me. I'm taking my cheese wheel, and I'm going home.

Cheese wheel? :shock: Was Chris going to make a car out of cheese? :shocked:

Fantastic looking cheese, CD!

So were you happy with the results of the homemade can smoker, and would you do it again?

The can smoker exceeded my expectations. Once again, I did not create it. I don't know who originally came up with the idea, but I found it on this forum.

I absolutely will be using it again.

Seriously, when I pulled the cheese off of the smoker, and smelled it, I thought I had ruined it. But, once I let it rest, and sliced it and tasted it, it was a really subtle, yet definitely noticeable smoke flavor.

I want to try it on some more kinds of cheese. Since it worked best for my tastes with the Gouda and the Swiss, I want to try it on similar mild cheeses.

I don't think I would have liked it on a really sharp cheese. The Cheddar I used was medium-sharp. I'd go with a mild Cheddar next time. On a sharper cheese, I think the cheese and the smoke fight each other for dominance.

CD

I just realized that somebody submitted a picture that was in focus.:der: What the fark is with that?:mad: You guys are setting the bar WAY too high for me. I'm taking my cheese wheel, and I'm going home.

Fine, be a crybaby. We'll just play without you, call you childish names, and make fun of you. :moon:

CD

:laugh:

Neither... I was having a hard time posting what I wanted to say and ended up with the brain pain... :doh:

I know the feeling, brethren, my brain hurts a lot when I hang out in this forum -- especially when Gore posts more than a couple of sentences.

CD :becky:

I know the feeling, brethren, my brain hurts a lot when I hang out in this forum -- especially when Gore posts more than a couple of sentences.

Gheesh, and I've been trying to keep the words to under 3 syllables for you too. :heh:

Gheesh, and I've been trying to keep the words to under 3 syllables for you too. :heh:

Actually, I am fine with three syllables. I still struggle with four syllables -- and those Eastern European words with eleven farking consonants and one vowel.

CD

Gheesh, I didn't even know ents BBQed and I thought they didn't like fire. Where is that Mongo nerd? He ought to know.

Ents as a rule don't normally BBQ, but they have been known to enjoy copious amounts of cold smoked nitrogen and a healthy dose of liquified spam. Hey hold on here... :tsk: I see what you are trying to do. :doh: I draw the line at Cheesy Lembas bread and a side of Curried Eggplant Stuffed Mutton. You're on your farkin own for the Ent slop! :mad:

Ents as a rule don't normally BBQ, but they have been known to enjoy copious amounts of cold smoked nitrogen and a healthy dose of liquified spam. Hey hold on here... :tsk: I see what you are trying to do. :doh: I draw the line at Cheesy Lembas bread and a side of Curried Eggplant Stuffed Mutton. You're on your farkin own for the Ent slop! :mad:

Curses, foiled again. :tsk:

I want to try it on some more kinds of cheese. Since it worked best for my tastes with the Gouda and the Swiss, I want to try it on similar mild cheeses.

I don't think I would have liked it on a really sharp cheese. The Cheddar I used was medium-sharp. I'd go with a mild Cheddar next time. On a sharper cheese, I think the cheese and the smoke fight each other for dominance.

CD
I tend to agree. I still smoke sharp cheddar and sharp provolone on occasion, but the "creamier" cheeses are what really seem to shine with smoke in my opinion. I really like smoked havarti (non-dilled). Just my tastes, not all may agree.

Back