-> BBQ Brethren "Breakfast" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Well the voting thread has been posted. Right now there are 15 replies and 7 are about the photos. I thought this was a BBQ Throwdown not a Photo Throwdown. Just Saying.

It is. But the photos do have an impact. Appearance is scored in Competitions after all. I always go back and read the cook posts anyway though to determine what's in the dish. Then I decide what I would most like to eat regardless of how it was shot.

This is definitely a cook/photo event. Since we can't taste, or smell we have only to read the thread, study the ingredients, procedures, methods, and final execution. Presentation is key as well as visual aides to assist the viewers in polling.
My photography skills have vastly improved since participating in these throwdowns, thanks to the many Brethren posts and tips.

Cook-on Ladies & Gents

Appearance is scored in Competitions after all. I always go back and read the cook posts anyway though to determine what's in the dish.
I agree with you appearance is scored. But I Just wonder if to much attention is given to the photo by most people.

Since we can't taste, or smell we have only to read the thread, study the ingredients, procedures, methods, and final execution. Presentation is key as well as visual aides to assist the viewers in polling.

I read the cook thread also, when they have one. I see entries in almost every TD with just a finished photo no cook thread at all. These entries get votes, heck one such entries won the TD a couple weeks back. That being the case it makes me think that most people don't pay attention to anything but the photo.

I agree with you appearance is scored. But I Just wonder if to much attention is given to the photo by most people.

I read the cook thread also, when they have one. I see entries in almost every TD with just a finished photo no cook thread at all. These entries get votes, heck one such entries won the TD a couple weeks back. That being the case it makes me think that most people don't pay attention to anything but the photo.

Don't think most do, but I'm sure quite a few do, and there's no way to change that. There's one member here that will not vote for anyone who doesn't post the cook in the thread, even if they've provided a link to a Q-Talk thread. Also, I usually don't make comments about photos at all in the vote threads, but sometimes that Master of Fine Arts rears it's ugly head in my brain when I see something I find compelling.:becky:
Doesn't mean I would vote for the dish though.

Back