BBQ Ambassadors wanted, earn $15K!

Typically, it was an 11 to 4 steck. I would cook, at my convenience, a case of pork butt at home on my smoker, pull, vacuum seal in 5 pound bags and freeze. Day prior to event, pull necessary amount from freezer and place in refer. Day of event, prior to leaving home would place 1 bag in a pot of boiling water and transport in cooler. At event, place in 1/2 pan with apple juice, place on smoker while setting up and then place in a buffet server to keep hot. Additional protein, as needed would use a propane burner and boiling water or just place in pan and place on smoker. Depended on actual needs.

Used 10 to 15 pounds per activation day.

Case of pork butt is 65 to 70 pounds with a yield of 35 to 40 pounds.

QUOTE]

and im curious how you circumvented the Health Dept rules while doing this? You were serving BBQ to the public at these events correct?

There is/was no circumvention of HD rules. It was done on private property under the license of the local establishement. There was more insurance coverage than you can count. ie mine, garland jack, walmart, etc. All cooking was done under my catering & business license using full servsafe procedures and a fully inspected commercial kitchen which has received 100% for the last 5 years at each inspection save the last one when I got a 97% and that was corrected on the spot. Won't happen again.

Mack

edit. When we did the world's largest pulled pork sandwich, Garland Health Dept inspected the kitchen in another city, and was present prior to the start of the event and issued a special permit and observed the full event.

Ask them why anyone considers Dallas a food Mecca or target market?

The 4th largest MSA is 4 hours south.

Well, considering that Garland Jack BBQ Company's manufacturing plant is located in Garland, TX, hence the name, which is slightly East of downtown Dallas may have something to do with it. In addition, there are several large food production facilities in and around the DFW area. On the otherhand, if you need oil refinery promotions, then Houston comes to mind. :mrgreen:

Back