Bayou Classic 4 gallon Deep Fryer

Thatgrimguy

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Scott
I'm thinking about buying one of these and having it installed on my Shirley Fab Trailer.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-700-701-4-Gallon-Stainless/dp/B000TMHSZ4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8"]Amazon.com : Bayou Classic 700-701 4-Gallon Bayou Fryer Stainless Steel : Grill Parts : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41C4pWuTG-L.@@AMEPARAM@@41C4pWuTG-L[/ame]

Does anyone have one? The reviews seem wonderful. DO THEY MAKE A BIG MESS around the area. Will it make my shirley trailer a mess? Any recommendations are helpful!

cant say on that particular fryer, but have a 6gal Cajun fryer and its awesome. I wanted the smallest model that was also big enough to fry a turkey.

Unless you spill the oil you should be ok. I'm looking at a Cajun fryer myself.the concept looks really cool.i have 3 fish\ turkey fryers already. That's why I did not put burners on my Shirley builds.

I'm thinking about buying one of these and having it installed on my Shirley Fab Trailer.

Amazon.com : Bayou Classic 700-701 4-Gallon Bayou Fryer Stainless Steel : Grill Parts : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Does anyone have one? The reviews seem wonderful. DO THEY MAKE A BIG MESS around the area. Will it make my shirley trailer a mess? Any recommendations are helpful!

I don't see the BTU's for this fryer? The cold zone is a great feature on fryers so the crumbs don't burn up and shorten the oil life.

I personally have one... Mine is not stainless.. Best on the market in my opinion.... Get to 350 degrees in 13 minutes... The oil can be used over and over again.. One of the best things i have bought... In fact thought about building some similiar to these down the road

Brother Grim, I know that it's just one man talking here, but for a little more money you can get the Cajun Fryer and it's a much better built unit in my opinion. The BC lacks the horsepower of the CF. This is huge when frying whole turkeys or 10 pounds of fish per drop. As your friend, I highly recommend the CF. You won't be disappointed at all.

Brother Grim, I know that it's just one man talking here, but for a little more money you can get the Cajun Fryer and it's a much better built unit in my opinion. The BC lacks the horsepower of the CF. This is huge when frying whole turkeys or 10 pounds of fish per drop. As your friend, I highly recommend the CF. You won't be disappointed at all.

Listen listen.... I may have boo booed.... I

I have the Cajun fryer by RV works... They are the best.. I think that one in the pic is not by RV works.. And in my opinion is not built as well....... SGH is correct!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: SGH
The Bayou Classic is China made and made very cheaply I might add. When I was doing the big fish and turkey fries I had 5 R & V Works Cajun Fryers. I still have an 8-1/2 gallon. They are 100% American made right over in Homer LA. The Cajun Fryer costs just a little more but they are well worth it. IMO they are the Shirley Fab of fryers. Their fryers are normally black iron but they can make any of them stainless if you want.

Great to know!! That's why I always ask the Brethren first!! I'll be going with the R&V Works Cajun Fryer. And seeing as Paul commented twice and never said it wouldn't be a good idea on one of his trailers, I guess that's fine too!

Brother Grimm, I have the 4 gallon R and V Cajun and is absolutely one of my favs. I think it's going on 4 or 5 years. It is a damn fine fryer. Knowing what I have learned, I would move up to the 6 gal. But that said the 4 gal works great for my. If you have any questions just give ma a call.
214-226-7348

If you think you will do turkeys spend a little more and get the 6 gal.. I have the 4 gal and love it.. Get Tyler to extend the exhaust so the discharge is not in anyone's face.... I am going to be making some later in 2016..

If you think you will do turkeys spend a little more and get the 6 gal.. I have the 4 gal and love it.. Get Tyler to extend the exhaust so the discharge is not in anyone's face.... I am going to be making some later in 2016..
While Tyler is extending the exhaust ask him to put a spring handle on the lid.
I would have it coming off of the side. This is speaking from experience!
:mad2:

I built a custom fryer that is similar to the Cajun fryer and love it. It uses about 6.5 gallons of oil. I incorporated a digital controller to cycle the burner so it keeps the oil at a constant set temperature. It heats to cooking temp in about 15 minutes. It uses a jet burner that runs approx 120,000 BTU at 10lbs pressure and It rarely drops more than 25 degrees even when dropping a large amount of food. The oil lasts for several cooks.

Back