Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

Transplant

I just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK this weekend and have a great time. I will be closing on the sale of my house on Oct 31 and we are in mad packing mode trying to make sure everything is done. Heading for West Palm Bch on the Autotrain 11/1. Sled Jr.(Stevie), sorry we never got to go for a ride in the Vette, it is now down in Florida. But maybe if you come down with Dad for a comp we can meet up.
There is a slight chance that we may come by late Sat but that is up in the air. You guys are the BEST.

Another SNOWBIRD TRANSPLANT:)
Glad to have ya..............
check us out when you settled in Bro www.flbbq.org

Jimmy

I have seen willy(ie) and he is quite the pro but from rumors I have heard SPicewine will make him look like a novice

Sledcast

Friday, Oct 24

01.gif

High: 62 °F RealFeel®: 64 °F
Warmer with sunshine

Friday Night, Oct 24
38.gif

Low: 43 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Mainly cloudy

Saturday, Oct 25
12.gif

High: 63 °F RealFeel®: 57 °F
Mostly cloudy, becoming breezy in the afternoon with a little rain

Saturday Night, Oct 25
18.gif

Low: 51 °F RealFeel®: 41 °F
Winds gusting past 40 mph; rain, some heavy

Sunday, Oct 26
03.gif

High: 64 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Partly sunny and breezy

Sunday Night, Oct 26
34.gif

Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Mainly clear

I'm not going to try and out drink anybody just going to try and finish the the KEG which will be flowing very cold all weekend long.

RD up the road from Sayville in Bohemia has plenty of Bone-in and less butts and big thick briskets as of Tuesday. The meat mgr ordered extra for the comp.

RD up the road from Sayville in Bohemia has plenty of Bone-in and less butts and big thick briskets as of Tuesday. The meat mgr ordered extra for the comp.
I was at bohemia yesterday at noon and they NO bone in butts, melville was out yesterday as well

Last night (Weds) they were out of bone-in butts but had plenty of boneless. The meat manager ordered more bone-in from another store which arrived today. I picked up mine this afternoon and they had a few more left. He said they were expecting another shipment tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Back