THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The pink plates are part of Chinet's involvement in Breast Cancer Awareness month. Sort of apropos for the event. Chinet has been very generous and cool to work with. We really appreciate their assistance.

Eric

my $.02...sorry Phil

As most of you know, I am a very loyal NEBS supporter...usually much to my detriment!

I have cooked in every grilling contest at every contest for years

While I do not like the NEBS griiling rules, I don't understand the concept of throwing the NEBS/KCBS outline in the trash and doing this bastardization of KCBS/MIM rules for grilling at Sayville...

So I am confused but not enough to realize that a) this is not NEBS sanctioned b) there are no TOY points and 3) there is no $$$$

so why would we want to do this other than the fact we have already put up our $25?

Last years' last minute rule changes made me crazy...I could stay at my office if I wanted that again!!!!

This is supposed to be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And no, Clint, you are not the bad guy...
Nancee

Eric-
That's really not correct.

NEBS came up with grilling rules in response to the fact that everyone was sick of going to contests and having to ask 900 questions about the rules since they were different depending on the organizer, and what was given was unclear... stuffing, garnish, bring your own plates, wrapping in another meat, can the sausage be premade, even down to the definition of a shellfish... or what constitues a fillet etc. ... and the NEBS rules were made to give organizers options without it being a total re-education for team every single event.

And, the NEBS grilling rules clearly state they can be modified by a organizer if he wants to make additions, changes, and then they are presented to the BOD for approval. Harpoon requires their beer to be used... GOTB limits what may be used in a stuffing... etc.

The format that you submitted included onsite judging, it was discussed and decided that as every single other event that counts towards team of the year involves blind judging, that this format was inconsistant to the point it introduced factors that were not present in any other NEBS event.

So in reponse, you and the other organizers decided you would rather use your format than change that one aspect of the contest. Which is totally fine, and obviously up to you, but lets give the whole story here before saying that NEBS turned you down like the door was closed in your face.

As most of you know, I am a very loyal NEBS supporter...usually much to my detriment!

I have cooked in every grilling contest at every contest for years

While I do not like the NEBS griiling rules, I don't understand the concept of throwing the NEBS/KCBS outline in the trash and doing this bastardization of KCBS/MIM rules for grilling at Sayville...

So I am confused but not enough to realize that a) this is not NEBS sanctioned b) there are no TOY points and 3) there is no $$$$

so why would we want to do this other than the fact we have already put up our $25?

Last years' last minute rule changes made me crazy...I could stay at my office if I wanted that again!!!!

This is supposed to be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And no, Clint, you are not the bad guy...
Nancee
nancee,,,,,,,,,,shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nancee said:

I'm really tired of this.

In order to stop the complaining, if anyone finds this contests 'concept' completely unacceptable, I will personally give you back your 25 bucks, take you off the grilling roster and leave the prize pool intact.

Now I know why grill kings threw in the towel.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwww

I'm really tired of this.

In order to stop the complaining, if anyone finds this contests 'concept' completely unacceptable, I will personally give you back your 25 bucks and leave the prize pool intact.

Now I know why grill kings threw in the towel.

Can you see me now?

Like I said you are SOME WILD AND CRAZY GUYS & GALS!!!!

The fact is I have no real business posting about this grilling contest as I will be an observer (I’m a damn good observer) anyway lets consider the fact that this seems to be a contest that is being put on for a good cause and most important the flagship contest of The BBQ Brethren. I'm traveling thousands of miles to visit some life long friends in the spirit of fellowship & BBQ by the vehicle of The BBQ Brethren. I don't mean to sound dramatic but it sure sounds like this is starting to turn into a chore for a few hard working folks trying to organize this contest and watching from the sideline it seems a few have lost track of what BBQ and Brethren is all about.

Anyway what the newest SLEDCAST???? Anyone have some 5X long underwear I can barrow?:) SHEEZZZZZZZ did you say 30s at night.... I think Jay should take the night shift:)

SLEDCAST

Saturday, Oct 25

04.gif

High: 51 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Times of sun and clouds

Saturday Night, Oct 25
35.gif

Low: 37 °F RealFeel®: 34 °F
Partly cloudy

Sunday, Oct 26
03.gif

High: 54 °F RealFeel®: 51 °F
Partly sunny

Sunday Night, Oct 26
34.gif

Low: 40 °F RealFeel®: 41 °F
Mainly clear

How about instead of a first place rib bet, we do a 13th place chicken bet. That way there's no pressure. All money should go to breast cancer awareness also.

I'm in for whatever you folks decide. How bout a bet for the sausage category too?

I cant wait for your cooking demo!

When exactly is that? Colin is coming to help and I was going to have someone film it for the Food Network thing. Originally I was going to smoke a turkey but this grilling contest is very time intensive so want to keep it simple.

May do grilled Southern style, cornmeal crusted chicken wings with a hot wing dipping sauce.

Back