Contest Results Battle of the BBQ-Brethren Manorville, NY

I'd like to take this opportunity to again thank all of the sponsors that helped to make the 6th annual Battle of the BBQ Brethren a success.

Including, but not limited to:

Lang Smokers
Grill Dome
Clare Rose
WBAB
WBLI
Chargriller
Woodhouse Chocolates
BBQTrophies.com
GrillGrates
Kosmos Q
Bear Paws
ErgoChef
MABA and Wusthoff
Mundial
The Slabs
Big Poppa Smokers
Cajun Bandit
Kettle Pizza
Pitmaster IQ
Thermapen
Grill Daddy Brushes

Just wanna say thanks to all those who organized event and all of you who were more than generous with your time and help this past weekend. My wife and I could not have had a better time as 1st time competitors. Hopefully, we make it back next season.

And congrats to all the winners.

Great weekend (holy hot), Huge Turn out, Congrats to all (especially Phil, its bigger and badder every year)

Quick note : Dont forget your secret bbq sauce in the fridge at home, Judges dont like dry :doh:, wont do that again :shock:

Also great hanging with everyone this weekend = hard work /good times/great memories

Congratulations to All Jacked UP GC, QHaven RGC, all who walked and competed, and Phil and all his helpers!!!

It was a great competition and weekend....our second comp this year in LI...we felt very welcome and look forward to coming back next year!!!

We made some new friends and visited with good friends, great venue, dry weather, great time, who could ask for more?

Thanks.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I think many appreciate what phil does to put this together. What many might not realize is how much phil does. Its insane, trust me i gotta hear about it for the few weeks before the contest. I would say he has had great support in the past but this year many of the people that we typically count on to help were a no-show. That didnt stop phil. Another contributor that rarely gets thanks is motoeric. All of you seen the amount of stuff that was raffled this weekend. Ive never seen that much stuff at a contest. It was all due to motoeric. He also does alot of other behind the scenes stuff.
Great weekend with exception of those two ash holes from team roccos rubs that drive thru the crowd during awards . We don't have to worry about that next yea because they are banned.
Congrats to all who walked and to all for coming out to cook and making this contest as successful and fun as it is

Hey All,

This is Mike of the Long Island Pig Congress, BBQ Division. Thanks Phil and family and to the Maples and all who made this happen. We had a blast at the competition

Everyone we met from other teams made us feel welcome and we can't wait to come back next year.

This was our first competition of I hope many

Next year... inflatable jacuzzi?

A hearty Congratulations to every who walked, who competed and who came out just to see the fun on a damn hot weekend.
Super fantastic event for sure! Great job Phil and everyone who busted a$$ to make this one of the premier events on Long Island!

Great job to everyone! I was kinda pissed losing pork to jacked up by .0002 points, but than i realized they lost chicken by the same margin! Congrats to everyone who walked, the battle was my first contest, and will always remain my favorite!

Great job Phil, Eric, Steve, phils whole family and anyone else im forgetting. It's tireless work, and wish I could've helped out more.

Congratulations to Jacked Up and Q Haven!
The event was the best yet, Phil, Eric and all did a great job. We all appreciated the hard work it took to pull this off.
I had a Vmail on my phone when I got home Sunday night saying congratulations you won a knife from New Edge Sharpening... I won a nice 10 chef's knife... Whats better than that after a great (yet steamy) weekend?
Woo!

Would like to thank phil, steve and eric for putting together this great comp.
Thanks Julie for getting us fuel and frank blazin butts for loaning us some till we got some more. Also the maples for letting have this great event on there land.
Good luck to all who will compete in sams next weekend.
Way to go jacked up and Q-Haven on gc and rgc and blazin butts on the grilling.
Regards
Ray
Babylon Grillbillies

Having a knife sharpening guy onsite all weekend has to be one of the best amenities of any contest I've been to. I think it was Willy(ie) b's idea
Another great idea, Will!.
I spoke with him on Monday and he was asking me about more events like this one. He said its a great venue for him, but he'd like to get into the pre-event advertising so the attending public would know he'd be there.
The knives he sharpened for me were outstanding.

Thanks everyone. But this GC goes out to Frank Sacco for getting me motivated saturday around 11pm to compete hard. I gave up for a while on competition and started just worrying about vending, until he talked ****! hahahaha Thanks Frank! Congrats to Q haven and Blazin Buttz on the great weekend of winnings. Frank have you ever lost a grilling comp on LI?

Thanks everyone. But this GC goes out to Frank Sacco for getting me motivated saturday around 11pm to compete hard. I gave up for a while on competition and started just worrying about vending, until he talked ****! hahahaha Thanks Frank! Congrats to Q haven and Blazin Buttz on the great weekend of winnings. Frank have you ever lost a grilling comp on LI?

Gay...

Had a blast this weekend at the competiton. Really was a great introduction to the competition world, especially getting a medal in our 1st try at this. Even the wife had a great time and wants to do it again.

We were down the far end and had a great time with the surrounding teams who were all very friendly and helpful.

Thanks to all who organized the event.

Another great idea, Will!.
I spoke with him on Monday and he was asking me about more events like this one. He said its a great venue for him, but he'd like to get into the pre-event advertising so the attending public would know he'd be there.
The knives he sharpened for me were outstanding.

Not sure if the general public bringing in a whole bunch of knives would be a good idea.
stab.gif

Hi, just wanted to say congratulations to all those who were called and those that walked, great job! Thank you to Phil and his team of organizers for and amazing event! It was a wonderful weekend enjoyed by all! I can't believe how much bigger it gets every year! I overheard positive comments from all sides, the Teams, John Q. Public, judges & reps.
I also want to thank everyone who offered the grill scouts a "home away from home" this weekend, as our plans changed at the last minute. Everyones concern, good wishes
and welcomes were truly appreciated! A big thanks to Grim Reaper, Big BarryQ & our
hometown Babylon Grillbillies especially!

Allison & Ashton
Grill Scouts

Back