Contest Announcment Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Long Island, NY

I was told she was "over-done" :rolleyes:

Man, I'm glad you all got to come experience that. My glasses were so dirty from the storm I wasn't sure what was going on other than something that looked like a lady having her breasts dialed in for better reception. Good times!

I had a great time. Alot of work this time around. Sorry i didnt get a chance to socialize too much, but when i wasnt prepping I was dealing with the chamber folks and the sponsors. Regretfully, I missed the pole dancer at the blazin nutz camp. Instead, our saturday night highlight was standing in water and mud up to the top of my boots while we tried to dump 50 gallons of water off the sagging ez-ups. Maybe one of these years, Sayville wont be under water on our Saturday night.

Thanks to all you folks that came down and help make this contest an event. And thanks to the Sayville Chamber, and Eric and who helped put this thing together and RubBBQ, Vitale fuel and sabrett who sponsored us. I know the challenges that they faced and the monsoon didnt help at all, but I think all things considered they did a great job.

could someone please direct me to the person or persons responsible for the awesome steak fajita spread? Im still eating some of the left over salsa I saved! It's just amazing!! :eusa_clap RECIPE PLEASE!!

for the rest of the world that wasnt there, what was the deal behind the award to the hot dawg team?

nice trophies:rolleyes:

It was at the end and a highlight from Jerry who announced special recognition for a team that turned in a box with a note attached stating "We lost our chicken!"

Another classic is born.

can the uninformed here get some back story as to where the real chicken went?

Maybe it swam away Saturday night? They were across from me and you saw my site that night. Anything coulda happened in the dark.

could someone please direct me to the person or persons responsible for the awesome steak fajita spread? Im still eating some of the left over salsa I saved! It's just amazing!! :eusa_clap RECIPE PLEASE!!
I'll second that. It was some good chit! :-D

It was an honor to once again cook against the mighty Smoke on Wheels. Congratulations on your Empire State Championship and best to you the rest of 2009.

Guess that makes you the Mightier Meat@Slim's :p. I don't know about us being very mighty, but that was a great win. Congrats!!! Lots of tough competition out there, including the two previous grand champs.

Thanks, and we'll see if 2009 is over shortly. :wink:

Update

Ok, there are now a ton of photos up. If you follow one of the links I posted earlier you can then navigate through 8 different albums and hundreds of photos.

Coming soon: a video recap including an interview with Santa (seriously).

Eric

Back