Bash V has Begun

Phil is the ultimate host...
Understatement of the century! My most sincere thanks to Phil and Sharon for their most gracious hospitality.
Thanks to Bruce for the lift to Phil's from the airport.
Thanks to Chad for his pitbitch efforts over the weekend, you did a great job Brother.
Thanks to all the Brethren who joined in the festivities in person or via yahoo. The spirit of comraderie and fellowship with similarly afflicted Q head made Bash V a truly memorable event.
Phil, the food was farkin' amazing.

It was, indeed, a great weekend!

We continued the tradition of no carbs or veggies (except beer and jalapenos) until late Sat. night when we finally cut open a couple of pineapples!!

I had a sub/hoagie/whatever when I got back to Clearwater Sunday afternoon - that and a PICKLE finished off the weekend! :D

I sure missed TK with the fire tending - two Klose cookers going from 7a.m. to mid-night is a LOT of wood!! :mrgreen:

i want thank phil for a great weekend Friday night was truly a night to forget ( burbon mod) it was great to see friends i had met and better to meet new ones. The food was outstanding again although i dont feel there was enough beer
THANKS AGAIN PHIL FOR A GERAT TIME

RBSNWNGS said:
although i dont feel there was enough beer

Now that, was funny

There is a cooler in his yard with 3 to 4 bottles of around 10-12 different kinds of beer.

Lotta stuff I never heard of

At Phils speed of consumption, thats a couple month supply

Great time Phil, thanks

Did I eat a lotta Q this weekend? Well I took a dump as soon as I got home and it set off the smoke alarm :shock: :mrgreen:

Nobody's mentioned the ABT's :D

Seems SOMEBODY forgot to get the seeds and most of the membrane out of the peppers after coring!! :twisted: WHOOOOOO-HAAA!!!

Phil almost got terminal hiccups after his second ABT! :D

What about the rockies and the pretzel cake? NO carbs?!!?!?!

BrooklynQ said:
First product endorsement from Bash V....

John Henty's Wild Cherry Chipotle Rub

"The great flavor of smoked cherry with a rich smoker–dried jalapeno flavor. Very good on pork, poultry or fish."

I picked this up on my trip to TX back in May and this was the first time I opened it. Excellent right out of the jar. I can't wait to taste it on meat. I'd like to try it on a butt or brisket. It may be too sweet for me on ribs. Phil's already told me that I'm not getting this stuff back.

http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/Description.asp?prod_id=113

wildcherry.gif

I ended up with it. And by the way it was fantastic on pulled pork. I just placed an order for more. I will send you one when they come in.

peppers

sorry about the japs guys, thought i cleaned them better. i brought some into work today and burnt the hell out of everyones mouths. had a great time as usual with all the guys. many thanks to phil and sharon for their hospitality. by the way greg i scored a 500 on whack the sack today, you have been dethroned.

RE: peppers

Seems SOMEBODY forgot to get the seeds and most of the membrane out of the peppers after coring!! WHOOOOOO-HAAA!!!

Another reason you needed the PitBitch there. After coring 15# at a previous bash my farking hands were on fire for hours afterwards. Least I got the stuff out though. BTW - the apple corer is not the best tool for that job IMO.

Re: RE: peppers

tommykendall said:
Seems SOMEBODY forgot to get the seeds and most of the membrane out of the peppers after coring!! WHOOOOOO-HAAA!!!

Another reason you needed the PitBitch there. After coring 15# at a previous bash my farking hands were on fire for hours afterwards. Least I got the stuff out though. BTW - the apple corer is not the best tool for that job IMO.

Well, Mary wound up in the pool for a while when his hands and arms started burning. Meanwhile, a certain "brother" who will remain nameless (but his initials are BRUCE) was going to clean and wash the jalapenos - 'nuf said! :twisted:

xcsar did an excellent job tweaking the ABT filling!

RE: Re: RE: peppers

I noticed Phil corring them (with the apple correr) while watching the web cam, What do you use to core them with TK?

RE: Re: RE: peppers

I noticed Phil corring them (with the apple correr) while watching the web cam, What do you use to core them with TK?

I cut the tops off then core them with a carrot/potato peeler, using the out edge of the peeler to scrape around the inner edge of the pepper. The long narrow design of these things scrape the entire inner edge and the narrow round botton gets the seeds/membrane out form the tip of the pepper.

Back