Contest Results Barbeque at the Beach, Raystown Lake

Personally as one of the principal organizers I would like to extend my deepest thanks to everyone who showed up, cooked, and split off and kept us the jack qualifier when others didnt. You not only helped us as an event but everyone competing who had the chance at the jack draw slot as well.

Id like to publicly thank Sal from Smoking Gnome and his crew for making not 2 teams but 3 - Florida Skin and Bones for breaking off and making 2 - and Doans bones BBQ for breaking into 2 teams. Id also like to thank all the teams who donated meat to help make these teams legit. I know 3 eyes and Aporkalypse really came through Friday night to get Sal set up when he was only scheduled to come judge sunday!

I also want to thank 3eyes team for allowing their family to help mine in babysitting, and lending me casey to run around and do pretty much everything behind the scenes at the comp! I would have gotten even less sleep had it not been for thier help!! And OMG! Dan's wife for helping us with the Grilling judging tallying and the Judge who helped explain to us how to figure weighted numbers.. the list is endless but I really wanted to focus in here on all the people who helped us make this possible. It may have been easier to just say on Friday as you all arrived, "Sorry guys, due to the flooding last week and other things beyond our control, we are short teams to make it a jack qualifier" but this would have meant the death of our event and I really want to fight to make this an event everyone wants to come and be a part of!

I want to say that I was a little concerned at first about using the cruise ships to have the bands on but WOW!! That was friggin awesome!!

I appreciate everyone lightening up when they saw my wig at the awards. Lady GaGa's cousin "Lady BBQ" will not be doing the awards next year but I think she helped end on a side of silly which for anyone who knows me is how I roll!

So to sum this up - Thanks everyone! (most everyone) but everyone who came, supported, cooked, cleaned, kicked ass, and made it happen! Cheers to next year and the future of the event! :first::tea:

I too must thank 3Eyez, Chix,Swine and Bovine, Aporkalipse Now! for suppling the meat to compete. It was weird talking to Big Ugly and him saying pack up your S%$& and get up h**! up here.

I had a really good time. I know Dishwater and EZMAC had a blast. now I know why we carry 5 cookers and all the other extra gear..funny watching the fight over who would end up DAL..

Brian and the rest of the organizers great job ! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Does anyone know this woman?? :rolleyes::crazy::becky:

318363_10150315224224833_741124832_8099575_625823768_n.jpg

I was going for something weird. U amazed me that you jumped in man. I was so happy you did though cause I was going to jump in for you if you wouldnt. Now the pressure is on for next year's winners to get wet! Anyone have that picture of the dive? You looked like a belly flopper but the tee shirt probably saved the skin from the slap. :shock:

Back