THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am not sure how many BD's are i Europe, but just one left be hind and neglected, is one too many......

Among cooking appliances, off-set smokers are unmatched in their design, loyalty and friendship to humankind. Anyone who has ever loved a smoker can attest to its hundred-fold return. The excitement your friends shows when you come through the door with a pork butt, brisket, or dry rubbed rack of spares, are only some of the rewards of being a Bandera owner.

Owning a Bandera is not just a privilege-it's a responsibility. These cookers depend on us for, at minimum, wood and shelter, and deserve much more. If you are considering taking an off-set pit into your life, you need to think seriously about the commitment that ownership entails. If you already have a Bandera, you need to consider if you are fulfilling all your obligations as its owner.

The Bandera Rescue of Brussels is committed to helping owners restore and revitalize happy, healthy smokers. And to help all of us become the best Q’ers we can be.

My name is Tim, and I approve this post

Sorry, I was late

Ok, I am sorry I am late but here she is...

The first 2 pics are the stair tread that I used for the Baffle and door louver.

After that the finished product.

Attachments

• Baffel1.jpg
    Baffel1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Baffel2.jpg
    Baffel2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 116
  • BD2.jpg
    BD2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 116
  • BD3.jpg
    BD3.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 117
  • BD4.jpg
    BD4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 116
  • BD5.jpg
    BD5.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 116
  • BD6.jpg
    BD6.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 116
God is shining favor on your as we speak. You are a good and righteous man for restoring that smoker.

<And I'm half in the bag>

Well it looks like the 25th at the latest and she will be fired up. 2 birds, some spares, and what ever else I can find.

Tim

Question, why did you not use the fire box mounting bolts for the baffle? If you could have removed them without breaking them, it would have made mounting the baffle easy.

Some one else said get a tray for the cinders. Alternative, find a brick yard that sells split or half height fire bricks. They have fireplaces and kilms in europe, so they have them assuming selling them to you does not cause issues with a Guild. Europe can be strict about some of those things.

Otherwise, Hook'em Horns!

Back