THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TexasGuppie said:
When my two new 12'x12' EZ-ups were destroyed by straight-line winds this past 4th of July, EZ-Up told me to return them to the Academy Sporting Goods store where I bought them for a FULL REFUND OR EXCHANGE, no questions asked.

I was in and out with two new ones in the box in 15 minutes. The Manager at Academy said, "If it happens again, just bring 'em back and we'll do it again."

Some things in my life go m-u-c-h smoother than others!

Ken
hell i wish i would have known that. i threw one in the garbage july 4th of 05 after we had a storm move through after my bbq and party at my house. walked out the next morning . POOPIE everywhere.. canapy half out out my back pasture mangled all to hell.. beat it into submission with a sledge hammer to get it to fit in the back of my truck. sorry bout the weather ruining the comp and all your gear!!

That sucks! Like everyone else said, I'm glad that you guys are OK, but the twisted mess of canopies is frightening.

Apparently my flight on Friday left just before the storms hit the Chicago area. When I laded in Frankfurt and called my wife she told me that there was water up to her knees in the street and our pool was overflowing. No damage except for a lot of water, fortunately.

Sorry I missed all of the excitement! :)

Sorry about your stuff getting trashed but glad nobody got hurt. Very cool thing you did with the charcoal and wood.

darn dude that looks like hell!!! That is one of the many reasons why I bought a new trailer!

good luck

Buzz

Attachments

• Red POD (Medium).JPG
    Red POD (Medium).JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 89
Report after the storm / contest.

We decided to stay but completley tore down and moved to higher ground. Of 25 teams wiht most having some sort of tent shelter only 1 was left when the storm passed. Luckily I had family in the area and they brought out a shiny 36' RV for us to set up camp around.

the fact that no one was was hurt or worse is amazing, I think if we had not been in the cooks meeting there would have been injuries.

My wife and uncle were in our space during the storm, my wife and I do corporate and sporting events for a living, one of which was during a hurricane and she said it was a very close second to that experience. Our tents were strapped to the smoker and our SUV. there was no real way to stop the wind from grabbing everything and snapping it like small toys.

the contest was good overall and I will be glad to go back next year. I am sorry that everyone lost their tents, and other belongins but at least no one was hurt.

I guess this is good news for the EZ-UP folks.

We had a similar cataclysm last year (2005) in Emporia, KS. Lost two E-Z ups in a matter of seconds! Nobody standing under them, thank goodness! The Margarita machine survived, however, so we were fine!

Glad you made it through unharmed!

2Fat said:
darn dude that looks like hell!!! That is one of the many reasons why I bought a new trailer!

good luck

Buzz

Who builds trailers like this?? Where are they made? and how do I get ahold of one. new or used. Scotty D

scottd said:
Who builds trailers like this?? Where are they made? and how do I get ahold of one. new or used. Scotty D

S&S Trailers Des Moines

obviously buying this one from Jumpin Jim--gonna have about 8' enclosed with about 8' left for cooking, dancing etc!!
Buzz

2Fat said:
S&S Trailers Des Moines

obviously buying this one from Jumpin Jim--gonna have about 8' enclosed with about 8' left for cooking, dancing etc!!
Buzz

Buzz, help me out. How did you convinve Lori to let you buy a new trailer before you sold the old one??

You are supposed to ask???<bfg> We actually did discuss the trailer but she doesn't know about the deal I'm trying to make on another cooker!

WheresBob said:
We had a similar cataclysm last year (2005) in Emporia, KS. Lost two E-Z ups in a matter of seconds! Nobody standing under them, thank goodness! The Margarita machine survived, however, so we were fine!

Glad you made it through unharmed!
Yep. I witnessed that one. Saw the whole thing develop as I drove it. Saw the wall cloud and rotation. That was a micro burst. Limited damage. Yours was one of the hardest hit as I remember. And yes, thank God the margarita machine was fine, although it did keep blowing breakers.

Back