Backyard set up

bob3

Knows what a fatty is.
I have a gas and pellet grill on a small wood deck. I make a mess of the deck when cleaning the grills, grease drips/splatters, etc. Now I'm thinking of adding a stickburner (Shirley patio?) to my collection. Beyond the deck I have a grass back yard. No garage or shed to put this stuff. I know the stickburner can't go on the deck (no room anyways) and I may want to take one or two of the others off the deck. For those with a similar backyard setup, where do you put your cookers? Just on the grass or do you put something down (bricks, some type of stone, etc.)? Do you add anything else like a structure with a roof? I also worry about the rain and snow in the northeast especially with a nice stick burner. I feel like I need to build something but don't have the vision for it. Thanks.

You definitely want to put some stones down under the tires. It's a very heavy cooker and will settle into the soil after awhile. The stones will also keep the tires from prematurely dry rotting sitting in dirt. My cooker is garage kept but if I didn't have a garage I would have probably bought one of those prefab sheds. At the very least a high quality waterproof tarp that breathes.

Back