THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could be......sleep becomes more important when you're a senior citizen. We'll see.

WHAAAAAAAT?

Sleep's for the OFF SEASON Pappy! :wink: :becky:

You looked at the Vault by Pitmakers yet?
We've been looking at the Vault and other comparable cabinet smokers. Stumps, CTO, etc? More for vending than comps, but .......the Vault's pretty sweet and it's looking like it'll have more room than the others.

WHAAAAAAAT?

We've been looking at the Vault and other comparable cabinet smokers. Stumps, CTO, etc? More for vending than comps, but .......the Vault's pretty sweet and it's looking like it'll have more room than the others.

Lack of sleep leads to me making stupid mistakes, so exploring options. I've looked at many options and keep going to Backwoods. I swore I would never do it but I guess the lesson is to never say never.

Party isn't bad, we throw it on a dolly and can throw it in the back of trucks. Its pretty much just our rib cooker.

Yep had a Party before the Competitor. It would also fit in my truckbed even while towing the fifth wheel if needed. And I still have the dolly I bought for it.:grin:

Lack of sleep leads to me making stupid mistakes, so exploring options. I've looked at many options and keep going to Backwoods. I swore I would never do it but I guess the lesson is to never say never.
If you can get it into your hauler, I would second looking at a vault. I saw them in various phases of construction while picking up the sniper, and was very impressed. My next move will be to order a vault on a trailer, which they said they could add the existing sniper to......of course, you know, after I win the lottery....

WHAAAAAAAT?

Actually the CTO (2809") has more space than the vault (2750"). For vending your way better off with a CTO IMO. We decided to go with the vault because I only wanted to fill the coal basket once at comps.

Actually the CTO (2809") has more space than the vault (2750"). For vending your way better off with a CTO IMO. We decided to go with the vault because I only wanted to fill the coal basket once at comps.

We have a CTO, and the total usable space on it is less, the top rack will fry whatever you have on it. Not to mention the dependability on both propane and electricity to run. its not fun trying to bring it up to temp with coals as it chews through the coal with a full load. The design may have changed with newer models but they are also very hard to load and unload. A Vault on a trailer ( in our case) will be easier to use and will also serve as an attention getter and show piece while vending. We have the Jambo to use at comps.

The new version of the CTO's don't have near the hot spot that they used to, but they are a PIA to load and unload. I love mine, but I'll be scouting for help tomorrow at Indy to help unload it. I really wish I had it mounted on a porch trailer, that would be perfect, and what's prettier than shiny stainless steel.

Back