THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad to see that Chubby is being put to use!!!! We are supposed to get a bunch of snow and ice on Monday and Tuesday......I'm headed to the store to load up on some coal and meats.....I can't resist any longer...gonna fire up that new Competitor that is sitting in my basement....it is too pretty being clean and new!!

Glad to see that Chubby is being put to use!!!! We are supposed to get a bunch of snow and ice on Monday and Tuesday......I'm headed to the store to load up on some coal and meats.....I can't resist any longer...gonna fire up that new Competitor that is sitting in my basement....it is too pretty being clean and new!!

Geez Andy,

You are lucky having all those great smokers at your beck n call.

Thought about you while I was cleaning & seasoning the smoker last night. Don't want to sound like a commercial, or be redundant, but you really took care of me, and I am one satisfied customer.

UPDATE:

Laid down on the couch, and when I woke up nearly 3 hours later, the BWS was still chugging along and holding temp perfectly.

@ 2:30, I took temp readings (154) a ways to go yet.

Opened the bottom and saw I needed fuel. Pulled it out, pushed all the coals that were still burning into one corner, and loaded it up again with charcoal.

So, I got 8.5 hours steady @ 26-31 degree temps with a bit of wind, to boot.

I think that's pretty darn efficient.

My son's band is playing a gig in Richmond today, and the goal is to have the pork done and pulled by the time he and the band (and their entourage) get's back. It's gonna be close.

The timing will work out fine I'm sure. Can't go wrong with those butts! I'm still on call but actually at home for now. Tempted to do my initial burn out on the Fatboy but I know as soon as I do I'll have to hit the road. I'm still looking forward to those "after" pron pics!

The timing will work out fine I'm sure. Can't go wrong with those butts! I'm still on call but actually at home for now. Tempted to do my initial burn out on the Fatboy but I know as soon as I do I'll have to hit the road. I'm still looking forward to those "after" pron pics!

You will be VERY pleased, I can assure you of that with complete confidence.

Thanks Bob!

Yeah, it sure was cold, rummaging around on my deck at 5:30 am. I tried to be quiet, but dropped the drip pan at one point. I live in a PUD (planned urban development) called the Lakelands/Kentlands, and our houses are all very close together. I saw a few lights come on. My neighbors must think I'm strange, BBQing in this weather, that early in the morning. But I just had to use my BWS.

Its funny you mention looking strange to your neighbors, I was outside two nights ago about 2am with the weed burner full blast. Not sure what the neighbor think of me but I know there lovin' the free smells!! Nice smoker you got there by the way!

You know, I have found that sometimes I need to check a pork butt along the way, you know, verify taste progression etc...I just cut a hunk out of the area opposite the bone, I think some folks call it the 'money muscle'.

You know, I have found that sometimes I need to check a pork butt along the way, you know, verify taste progression etc...I just cut a hunk out of the area opposite the bone, I think some folks call it the 'money muscle'.

Well, you know... accidently taking that a piece from that cut is bound to happen now & again, eh?

Okay... done!

Pulled @ 204:

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f5.jpg

f4.jpg

Gotta say... one of the best pulled pork's I ever made! The cooker is the star... the red color we all crave with the tenderness and taste, especially the latter, that gets you in trouble wit the missus with for eatin too much!

Mixed up 2 different sauces as well, along with the son's signature sauce.

He should be happy.

Great looking grub!! Looks like the BW did the job!

Wondered how they compare to a gravity feed like Stumps???

Great looking grub!! Looks like the BW did the job!

Wondered how they compare to a gravity feed like Stumps???

Several discussions on here regarding this question.

I think overall consensus is they are both fine smokers with just a few differences. Mainly the BWS is a water smoker and Stumps isn't.

Most folks are going to pretty much side with the brand of smoker they bought.

Back