Bachelor Thanksgiving Meat-a-Thon - 4 Day Live Thread

28 degrees. Time to get the party started.

pBf81tql.jpg

I suppose that one way to keep the peace is to avoid jumping into the skirmish.

You appear to have things well in hand.

Relaxing times, indeed.

Top round trimmed and quartered. Into the freezer to make it easier to slice.

jaDbit5l.jpg

Sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips with the grain. A little less than 5lbs.

FNHJ7Nxl.jpg

Mixed with the cure and into the fridge overnight. Hoping for about 10 hours in the cure.

RYUEc6tl.jpg

I've been doing a little marinating too. Time for bed (a king size bed all by myself). See you all in the morning.

xyi8Fl5l.jpg

View attachment 2423155

STL, you're the best!! 15-year-old liquor is living large and in charge! Enjoy, I dream of having peace and quiet for that many days strung together--maybe in the next life :)

Trimmed up the short ribs, rubbed with EVOO and dusted with Black Ops. Got to trimming and found a giant hard fat vein on one. Disappointed because they looked nice and fat.

We'll see how they turn out.

TpnFTP7l.jpg

pD5qdzil.jpg

AH5eZebl.jpg

I wish I could do this. We planned to have Thanksgiving at our house this year, last Thanksgiving. Within the last week, 3/4 have backed out. We are down to 10, as of today. Nothing has changed with us, people just can't live with the idea that they made choices that they were quite vocal about. Their decision, I guess.
On the positive side, my mother-in-law is coming, as well as some people who have no family in the area. There will be lots of leftovers.:-D

You eating all this yourself or did the clown strippers I sent show up yet??

If they’re the midget clown strippers I got last year, they’re a great time!

That's rude. I don't know why you find it necessary to make fun of clowns.

It's time to check the short ribs.

PdiFWgJl.jpg

Back