THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just to add my 2 cents worth (another new guy on this forum) -- just got my GOSM smoker last month, although I was attempting to "smoke" on my Weber grill for a few years. My technique on that was to grill about an hour at 350 using the vertical rib racks. Followed by about 3 1/2 hours in foil on low. Then maybe 1/2 hour on direct heat again which made them less greasy. They were fall off the bone and good.

Anyway babybacks are our favorite, and were the first thing I made on the new GOSM. I make my own rubs -- let the ribs sit in the fridge overnight with the rubs on. Then cooked in the GOSM at 225 or so for about 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Came out great! Were not "fall off the bone" but were tender, still moist, etc. I didn't do the spray-once-an-hour with apple juice though, I'll try that next time. Pretty simple actually.

Back