B&B charcoal and briquettes

My all time favorite lump charcoal was Ozark Oak but they sold out to Royal Oak. After that I started using B&B and since Academy Sports sells it for decent pricing I'll most likely continue to use it.

For those of you who like briqs and don't like B&B briqs let me remind everyone that one of the versions of Cowboy briqs are the Stubb's briqs, now renamed, that so many loved a few years ago.
https://www.cowboycharcoal.com/products/charcoal/cowboy-all-natural-hardwood-briquets
Read the description and check their Q&As.

My all time favorite lump charcoal was Ozark Oak but they sold out to Royal Oak. After that I started using B&B and since Academy Sports sells it for decent pricing I'll most likely continue to use it.

For those of you who like briqs and don't like B&B briqs let me remind everyone that one of the versions of Cowboy briqs are the Stubb's briqs, now renamed, that so many loved a few years ago.
https://www.cowboycharcoal.com/products/charcoal/cowboy-all-natural-hardwood-briquets
Read the description and check their Q&As.

thanks and did not know this and used Stubb's before I had to switch to B&B .

If you have a Ace Hardware they have them or you can have them shipped to your store .

Yeah, I keep hearing this. Our ACE carries the lump but never has the briquettes. The one bag I found I got at Academy. I've thought about having them shipped, but just go to GFS now. And from what I hear here, they may not be as good as they were anyway.

I like the lump but the B&B charcoal, in particular the competition briquettes in the orange bag, have significantly decreased in quality over the past year. The briquettes are poorly molded yielding broken and misshaped coals that don’t burn evenly and make it hard to maintain a snake or fuse burn. And the odor has changed too, and for the worse. I’m using up what I have and moving on!

And I agree with the others that the briquettes do not provide much of a smoke profile, I add wood chunks for that.

^^^^^^

I agree 100%, DuraLAME has ruined a good product. The last few bags have been worse then ever and family complains of the foul smell.

Crazy story, I had read these posts and was like I haven't recognized a funky smell when I have used it lately. Fast forward yesterday evening lighting charcoal for grilled chops. Wife comes in and says, did you change the kind of charcoal you are using? Something smells different and not a good different, smells like burning rubber. So wow, guess there is something to this.

Back