Autumn Smoke-Chicago

P

philw

Autumn Smoke

Illinois BBQ Alliance

Monday, October 29, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)

Chicago, IL

logo.jpg

Ticket Information

IBBQA Member - Autumn Smoke Enjoy dinner, a beer and dessert from ten top Barbecue chefs at your IBBQA discounted rate as well as entry into a raffle for prizes or gift certificates. Non-Members purchasing this ticket will be charged additional $25 for entry and membership. $35.00

IBBQA Member +Spouse - Enjoy dinner, a beer and dessert for you and your spouse, a special member benefit! Dinner from the ten top Barbecue chefs at your IBBQA discounted rate and two(2) entries into a raffle for prizes or gift certificates. Non-Members purchasing this ticket will be charged additional $25 for entry and membership. $55.00

IBBQA 1 Year Membership & Dinner - Enjoy dinner, a beer and dessert from ten top Barbecue chefs and gain all the benefits of becoming a member of our alliance enjoying the member discounted rate that includes a spot on our private mailing list for special access to future events. (You will be contacted via email after sign-up) $60.00

IBBQA Advance General Admission - Autumn Smoke - Enjoy dinner, a beer and dessert from ten top Barbecue chefs and support the Illinois BBQ Alliance. $50.00

Register

You will be taken to PayPal's secure checkout to complete the purchase.

Event Details

promoshot1-1.jpg

Join the Illinois BBQ Alliance for Autumn Smoke, a gastronomy of Chicago barbecue. Join the alliance as we eat, discuss barbecue, drink craft beers and raise money for breast cancer. Dinner will be served by ten local Chicago BBQ restaurants and chefs, listed below. Hear from our honored guests, Scottie Johnson of "
Cancer Sucks" World Champion Competition BBQ team and Harry Stewart, owner of Great American Barbecue Company in Alameda, California. We want to encourage membership and share the state of our barbecue alliance, so please come early and stay late.

What are the benefits of becoming a member?
  • Member access to industry information, competition tips, tricks, and professional.
  • Member access to our website for networking among IBBQA Membership.
  • Unique opportunity to be part of our IBBQA community
  • Preffered pricing, priority access and early notification of IBBQA events
  • One year free membership to NBBQA
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, as long as you are a registered member (current membership status will be confirmed by IBBQA at the door.)
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, we would appreciate it if you brought your printed ticket to the event to streamline check-in, but if you do not have it or cannot print it, just let us know in advance so we can confirm your registration.
What is the refund policy?
If you cannot make it, please let us know at least 24 hours before the event so we can refund your money to you in full.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
As long as the person is not holding an IBBQA discounted membership ticket and is not a member. This is a fund raiser so please make sure you have the proper ticket.
What if I bought a discounted member ticket and I am not a member?
We will be checking membership status and if you are not a member, we will be charging you $25 at the door for a one year membership.

Participating Chefs and Restaurants:

Gary Wiviott - Barn & Company

Sweet Charity Smith - Brand BBQ Market

Leann Whippen - Chicago Q

Willie Wagner - Honky Tonk BBQ

Charlie McKenna - Lillies Q

Jeff Shapiro - Real Urban BBQ

Jared Leonard - Rub BBQ Company

Barry Sorkin - Smoque

Dave Raymond - Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue

Mark Link - Uncle Bub's BBQ

When & Where

The Warehouse at Carmichael's
1052 W Monroe St
Chicago, IL 60607

Monday, October 29, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning on being there! How can I pass up a chance to meet this Scottie Johnson guy? :-D

cad. dave has played at house of blues for 15 years ,is what he says.
house band i guess but his band sure rocks.
this will be just him

Going to be a great event!!!

Dan, we will come get you out. :thumb:

I received a partial menu via e-mail today...

Featured Menu Items, Chefs and Restaurants:
Gary Wiviott - Barn & Company
Chicago Hot Links injected with Chile de Arbol BBQ Sauce
Smoked caramelized onions with hint of clover honey on
Chicago roll style sausage buns
Sweet Charity Smith - Brand BBQ Market
Smoky Pumpkin and Bacon Soup
Double Smoked Pork Belly
Leann Whippen - Chicago Q
Pulled pork with pretzel slider rolls and
BBQ chicken wings
Willie Wagner - Honky Tonk BBQ
Peach Cobbler
Charlie McKenna - Lillies Q
Coming Soon
Jeff Shapiro - Real Urban BBQ
Shaved Smoked Pork Loin On Brioche Rolls W/ Crispy Onions
Caramel Bread Pudding With Bourbons Sauce
Jared Leonard - Rub BBQ Company
BBQ Martini-Small plastic stem-less martini glass layered with pulled pork, baked beans, crumble of cornbread, topped with fresh slaw; served with a spoon angled to look like a martini stirrer
Barry Sorkin - Smoque
Coming Soon
Dave Raymond - Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue
Triple Brisket Sandwich with KC Burnt Ends, Texas Brisket, Pork Brisket, Slaw and Onion Strings on a Bun. Side of Green Chili Mac.
Mark Link - Uncle Bub's BBQ
Smoked meatloaf
Chicken potpie
Pumpkin bread pudding

Cash Craft Beer Bar sponsored by Paramount Merchants Beer List:
JK’s Scrumpy Organic Farmhouse Cider: Almar Orchard is well known for its dedication to “quality over quantity.” and is continuing in its set course of being the best that they can be. The pride in a job well done and the care that is taken to produce a top-notch product is, and always has been, what makes Almar Orchard one-of-a-kind.

North Coast’s Brother Thelounious: North Coast Brewing Co. makes a donation to the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz for every bottle of Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abbey Ale sold. Like a Belgian "Dark Strong Ale," this beer is rich and robust with an ABV of 9.3%.

New Holland’s Dragon’s Milk: Dragon’s Milk Ale, is a crown jewel of New Holland Brewing Company. Roasty malt character intermingled with deep vanilla tones, all dancing in an oak bath. Pairings: red meat, smoked foods, balsamic, rich cheese & dark chocolate.

Southern Tier’s 2XIPA: An Indian Pale Ale kicked up a notch to create a true Double IPA. Feverishly hopping with a strong malt backbone and a higher than average alcohol content. Citrusy hops tease the senses with aromatics and lingering bitterness with a perfect balance of malt.

So come on out, enjoy some special Q, drink a beer, feed those who cannot feed themselves and become a part of the growing IBBQA community! Maybe we will even do a little dancing!

I'm not complaining, but we have all of these great Chicago pitmasters cooking, but the beer (and cider) is from Michigan, California and New York? Someone should talk to some of the great Chicago area brewers like Three Floyd's or Two Brothers. (Yes, I know Three Floyd's is in Munster, IN, but that's still Chicago area)

This sounds like fun! I hope to make to one of these in future to hear about the alliance.

I'm not complaining, but we have all of these great Chicago pitmasters cooking, but the beer (and cider) is from Michigan, California and New York? Someone should talk to some of the great Chicago area brewers like Three Floyd's or Two Brothers. (Yes, I know Three Floyd's is in Munster, IN, but that's still Chicago area)

Hater!

So they there was something like 178 folks there! Good food, good drinks, great company and cause!

Most I've eaten in a few months!

Great to see old friends and make some new ones

And some needy folks got fed as well. Kudos to the organizers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Back