August ***SPECIAL*** "2023 Burger Challenge" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All MONTH!

I already stated this in another thread, but thought it had to be stated here to be official. Please remove my entries #2&#3 from this throwdown for non-compliance. LOL! I've punished myself by being confined to the couch with a remote and endless cocktails! That should learn me!! Have a great night, all.

Why was my post asking to please remove my #2 Entry removed? Robs request post wasnt removed? Also please remove my other posts with my #2 Entry pics please.

EDIT: oops wrong thread i requested in, lol. Either way, please remove. Thanks.

Last edited:
Further proof of my inexperience in TD's. Except for the DQ treat, I have no idea what that means!! LOL.

It hasn’t happened in a while but if a throw down entry is disqualified for not following the rules (whatever the reason may be) you’re still part of the vote poll but instead of your entry pic there is a dilly bar pic. Some of us got a kick out of it.:becky: Some intentionally shot for a dilly bar.

It’s all for fun.

Last edited:
I've never done that before. Well maybe once... Or maybe several times more than once. :mrgreen:

:laugh: :thumb:

I may be wrong but wasn't there a dilly bar thread Andy? Kind of like the 0 vote thread?

I already stated this in another thread, but thought it had to be stated here to be official. Please remove my entries #2&#3 from this throwdown for non-compliance. LOL! I've punished myself by being confined to the couch with a remote and endless cocktails! That should learn me!! Have a great night, all.

Why was my post asking to please remove my #2 Entry removed? Robs request post wasnt removed? Also please remove my other posts with my #2 Entry pics please.

EDIT: oops wrong thread i requested in, lol. Either way, please remove. Thanks.

Me either, why would we want a DQ, this ain't Dairy Queen.

We don't delete posts unless they violate forum rules. Your entries will be in the voting thread, just with a Dilly Bar, along with a short description as to the reason for the DQ.

Welcome to the club - it is considered a special privilege and a reminder to not take the contest too seriously, not to mention there's always another Throwdown running with many more around the corner you can enter!

:thumb:

Surf N Turf Burger. Smash burger with sauteed onions,sliced tomato, homemade crab cake topped with homemade slaw on a homemade cheddar bay biscuit bun.

Please accept the first image as my #3 Entry.

20230901-154421.jpg

20230901-121228.jpg

20230901-142751.jpg

20230901-144254.jpg

20230901-145802.jpg

20230901-132421.jpg

20230901-141659.jpg

20230901-152755.jpg

20230901-154820.jpg

Last edited:
That's a ton of flavor right there! Nice job!

Thanks. That brushed on butter and garlic through it over the top in terms of flavor. There was so much cheese in the biscuit roll, there was no need for additional cheese. My wife ate all of her half, it was that good, lol.

:deadhorse: It was not OK, that's why they got Dilly Bars. :violin:

Not to beat a dead horse....but, chicken would have been acceptable if it was ground and grilled or griddled ( is that a word? ) outside.

Back