Attention Wing Lovers: Big Sale!

Yo Brad, Thanks for the heads up on the wing sale at Sav A Lot stores. I happened to be traveling on Saturday and stopped by one of their stores located 30 miles from where I live. The wings were on sale at 99¢ per pound. The butcher said that the frozen wings would be priced at that rate for sometime as this was not a limited time sale price. That is the cheapest price for wings I have seen in years! My local Hy Vee store is still selling them at five times the price at $4.99 per pound so I appreciate the heads up!

Beers to you,

Juggy D Beerman

Yo Brad, Thanks for the heads up on the wing sale at Sav A Lot stores. I happened to be traveling on Saturday and stopped by one of their stores located 30 miles from where I live. The wings were on sale at 99¢ per pound. The butcher said that the frozen wings would be priced at that rate for sometime as this was not a limited time sale price. That is the cheapest price for wings I have seen in years! My local Hy Vee store is still selling them at five times the price at $4.99 per pound so I appreciate the heads up!

Beers to you,

Juggy D Beerman

You're quite welcome Juggy. It was in the weekly sale flyer which usually expires week to week. I'm going to be surprised if they keep that price.

They're in my freezer just in time for the Superbowl. Why must I have wings every Superbowl???

I noticed yesterday that Sam's Club is selling frozen Members Mark for $2.50/lb and Tyson brand for $2.60/lb.

Hopefully this will last and isn't a one time deal.

I hope the chicken ranchers haven't found a way
to pass off their bird flu victims.
:shock::wink::mrgreen:

I hope the chicken ranchers haven't found a way
to pass off their bird flu victims.
:shock::wink::mrgreen:

I heard on the news this afternoon there was a fire at one of the big chicken farms. Didn't catch where it was. This on top of the bird flu.

I heard on the news this afternoon there was a fire at one of the big chicken farms. Didn't catch where it was. This on top of the bird flu.

The article I read said it was in Connecticut. It also said the barn only held 100k birds which is tiny by today's standards when it come to egg laying chickens.

Had to make that dreaded trip to Wally World today. While I was there, I priced the wings and they were $3.19 per pound.

Ten miles down the road from me and right close to Whiteman Air Force base, home of the B-2 Bombers is a huge egg farm that recently had one of the buildings catch fire. The fire was quickly contained and extinguished. The newspaper article describing the fire stated there were 1.7 MILLION of those cluckers on the premise! No wonder I always rolled my windows up and held my nose when I drove by that place............

Had to make that dreaded trip to Wally World today. While I was there, I priced the wings and they were $3.19 per pound.

Ten miles down the road from me and right close to Whiteman Air Force base, home of the B-2 Bombers is a huge egg farm that recently had one of the buildings catch fire. The fire was quickly contained and extinguished. The newspaper article describing the fire stated there were 1.7 MILLION of those cluckers on the premise! No wonder I always rolled my windows up and held my nose when I drove by that place............

Yeah, the days of the family running a 120 k bird complex are unfortunately gone. There are more and more multi million bird complexes going up every day.

My closest Save a Little didn't have the .99/# wings, but did have Tyson legs for .65/#
The freezer is now full of legs, vac packed in 6 and 8 piece orders.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Yea, I have found that when they have a good sale on something that starts on Wednesday, you better get there early or at least by Friday morning before a lot of people get paid.

Otherwise you have to wait for the second shipment and that varies as to when.

Most of the time the second truck is the last for that week's sale so after the weekend buying slam, you could be out of luck on Monday or Tuesday.

What do they say? Early bird gets the worm.

Yea, I have found that when they have a good sale on something that starts on Wednesday, you better get there early or at least by Friday morning before a lot of people get paid.

Otherwise you have to wait for the second shipment and that varies as to when.

Most of the time the second truck is the last for that week's sale so after the weekend buying slam, you could be out of luck on Monday or Tuesday.

What do they say? Early bird gets the worm.

What I meant was that they were not on sale in my area. I have found some at 1.49 a pound though at another store.

Back