Atchsion Kansas roll call

Haven't I screwed up your team enough for one season? :lol: If I drive all the way up to Atchison, I'm by gawd cooking! :lol:

How much is entry fee?

Why do you think I'm putting you on vending duty!!! Instead of screwing up you get to make me money!!! :twisted::wink:

The entry fee at Atchison was $200.

Why do you think I'm putting you on vending duty!!! Instead of screwing up you get to make me money!!! :twisted::wink:

The entry fee at Atchison was $200.

$200????? :shock: They must have some pretty darned good payouts then.

$200????? :shock: They must have some pretty darned good payouts then.

I'm sure that $200 includes the uplift for electricity and dessert, etc. I don't have a copy of the entry form now, I just looked at the checkbook to see what we sent them.

The payouts are for grand and reserve - ribbons through 10th place in each catagory. If you are hunting money... then you need to be arkansas bound bro!!! $30K total purse there, right?

No $$ for categories? Fark that! I'm not hunting anything like Arkansas but damn, I'd like to cover gas money. :lol:

Jeff,

Atchison is a great little contest. They don't have big bucks, but they make up for it in hospitality and a good time. We've cooked it the first two years and really enjoyed it. Great setting, just off of the river. They have a great place for kids to play (playground). Check out the playground surface. It's awesome. There is a bar & grill within walking distance. Watch out for the sweet potato fries though, they put cinnamon & sugar on them - WHAT?

The locals are friendly and have small parties in their spots on Friday, but nothing out of control. Deb will do whatever she can to make you feel welcome.

I talked with her today. They still have room if anyone is on the fence. We'll be back next year!

Rod

Jeff,

Atchison is a great little contest. They don't have big bucks, but they make up for it in hospitality and a good time. We've cooked it the first two years and really enjoyed it. Great setting, just off of the river. They have a great place for kids to play (playground). Check out the playground surface. It's awesome. There is a bar & grill within walking distance. Watch out for the sweet potato fries though, they put cinnamon & sugar on them - WHAT?

The locals are friendly and have small parties in their spots on Friday, but nothing out of control. Deb will do whatever she can to make you feel welcome.

I talked with her today. They still have room if anyone is on the fence. We'll be back next year!

Rod

That bar and grill on the corner is awesome!!! Took wife to a B&B in Atchison last year for her birthday. The whole river area is beautiful. Great spot for a contest.

Anything coming of the SD contest that could replace westpoint?

Nope coming to play with you guys. me and parrothead are going to be there sometime Friday am. So Andy we are looking for that great Kansas hospitality.

480 miles but I am sure it will be a good time. I am flying solo so here we go. never done it alone. could be a crash!!! I do need my wife. she is a great team mate. But she has to work Friday and can not get off. now if we were in west point she could drive down after work no big deal. a few hours vs well 7 or 8. so I am a loner

oh and I can help vend if you are needing a great salesman. I am all in!!!

480 miles but I am sure it will be a good time. I am flying solo so here we go. never done it alone. could be a crash!!! I do need my wife. she is a great team mate. But she has to work Friday and can not get off. now if we were in west point she could drive down after work no big deal. a few hours vs well 7 or 8. so I am a loner

Hey Scotty, I'm in the same boat. My wife can't make it due to Saturday obligations with our daughter so I'm flying solo as well. Looking forward to meeting you! Guess you and I will be two of the busiest farkers there! :lol:

Ya parrothead always does it on his own so I know if he can do it I am sure I can. Just need to readjust somethings as I never do the boxes (well the garnish thing anyway. crap Might have to try that no garnish thing. NOT.

Ya parrothead always does it on his own so I know if he can do it I am sure I can. Just need to readjust somethings as I never do the boxes (well the garnish thing anyway. crap Might have to try that no garnish thing. NOT.

:lol: That's my main concern as well... my wife always does our putting greens... errr... boxes. I might have to do them up on Friday night.

Back