At what temperature do you cook your homemade pizza on a pellet grill?

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Warning: this is not a poll.

For those who make their own dough for pizza, what temperature do you typically set your pellet grill at?

Bonus points for answering whether you cook on the grate, a pizza stone, metal pan with small holes, parchment, etc.

Thanks very much for your honest answers!

I've got the pizza oven attachment for my GMG Daniel Boone, and i set mine at 375 or so, gets the stone/oven up to 700+. Still trying to get my dough recipe right though.

I set mine on grill and remove the smoke plates in the MAK. Set the stones (I have a couple of unni stones) on top shelf. Let it go for about an hour. Temp on the grill normally reads 550-575.

I'm a pizza beginner and I mostly use cauliflower crusts so this may not be helpful, but I:
*run MAK at 425 w flame zone covers off
*use 2 stones, 1 on bottom rack, 1 first (lowest) rack up

Thanks gentlemen for your suggestions. I appreciate it. Anyone else have some thoughts? I'm about to throw on the pizza in an hour or so.

Thanks gentlemen for your suggestions. I appreciate it. Anyone else have some thoughts? I'm about to throw on the pizza in an hour or so.

While I don't have a pellet grill, Bob, I've cooked a few pizzas on rare occasions, so l might be able to offer a small tidbit or two if you provide more info.

Let's start with the basics:

Are you planning on using a stone on the grill? I would always suggest this no matter what kind of grill. You want the entire bottom surface of the pizza to come in contact with the stone.

The stone should also be preheated, and having an infrared thermo to determine stone temp is helpful. Depending on what kind of dough you are using, you should be looking at a stone temp of around 575, minimum, all the way to to 650-675.

While I don't have a pellet grill, Bob, I've cooked a few pizzas on rare occasions, so l might be able to offer a small tidbit or two if you provide more info.

Let's start with the basics:

Are you planning on using a stone on the grill? I would always suggest this no matter what kind of grill. You want the entire bottom surface of the pizza to come in contact with the stone.

The stone should also be preheated, and having an infrared thermo to determine stone temp is helpful. Depending on what kind of dough you are using, you should be looking at a stone temp of around 575, minimum, all the way to to 650-675.

I use metal pans with holes in them that I've used for several years and really like them. Getting ready to put the pizzas on and I'm just running it at Grill mode which right now is around around 590.

Help a buddy out!

Ok, can’t take the guilt trip...

When we did pies I’d set Mabel to “grill”, which winds up being around 550° ambient but the grill grates would be close to 700°!

Cook the pies till I liked the color of the crust (normally around 5 minutes give or take) then pull them off and EAT!!!

I use metal pans with holes in them that I've used for several years and really like them. Getting ready to put the pizzas on and I'm just running it at Grill mode which right now is around around 590.

Sooooo.......How’d it go? Pics?

Sooooo.......How’d it go? Pics?

Probably the best pizza I have ever made. Used my usual copy cat recipe for California Pizza crust where you refrigerate the dough overnight. Crust turned out great and the pizza had a bit of a wood-fired flavor.

The assembled pies right before I put them on the MAK:
NPBukXpl.jpg

Just off the grill:

FGv2T42l.jpg

A peak at the bottom of the bacon pizza that browned more than the other:
6Sx7r9zl.jpg

A look at top and bottom of the hamburger pizza:
GJ6bCOnl.jpg

Ok, can’t take the guilt trip...

When we did pies I’d set Mabel to “grill”, which winds up being around 550° ambient but the grill grates would be close to 700°!

Cook the pies till I liked the color of the crust (normally around 5 minutes give or take) then pull them off and EAT!!!

Basically what I did. Thanks:

Back